Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
    There's not a single stat coming out of China that I trust.
    Criticisms of China and how open/trustworthy their markets are are legitimate. And skepticism of China as an investment risk is reasonable. But taking a broader look, maybe 30 years ago, China was basically a 1 billion person equivalent of North Korea. I think what they are today is a better alternative than if China had stayed the NoKo route, threatening to blow up nukes to achieve political concessions. But if you had to put money in China vs a "true" communist nations like Noko, Cuba, Venezuela, or Russia(the latter two being more petromafias vs communists), I think putting money where market greed is permitted to actualize(under a Chinese system) is not unreasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by burritos View Post

Criticisms of China and how open/trustworthy their markets are are legitimate. And skepticism of China as an investment risk is reasonable. But taking a broader look, maybe 30 years ago, China was basically a 1 billion person equivalent of North Korea. I think what they are today is a better alternative than if China had stayed the NoKo route, threatening to blow up nukes to achieve political concessions. But if you had to put money in China vs a "true" communist nations like Noko, Cuba, Venezuela, or Russia(the latter two being more petromafias vs communists), I think putting money where market greed is permitted to actualize(under a Chinese system) is not unreasonable.
      Why put money into communist nations at all. If we've learned nothing from covid it's that we should not be so reliant on one nation from a production standpoint. Need to diversify supply lines, even at the expense of cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by burritos View Post

I never said I wouldn't invest in China. I have about 20% of my funds in a total international fund so a decent amount of that is China. I don't discourage people to invest in China, I just don't believe any information that comes out from there. Not that it matters because it doesn't change how I invest.

Comment

• Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
          There's not a single stat coming out of China that I trust.
          There’s not a single bat coming out of China that I trust.

Comment

Working...
          X