Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marko-ER
    replied
    Wow, great deal on the Leaf.  So it was 15K, post electric company and federal tax rebate, down to 7.5K, right?  Still 7.5K new car, that's hard to beat.

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied

So 35K Tesla (“standard”) model is here.  Does this change anyone’s calculus? 
    Click to expand…

It’s close. We want a wagon, not a sedan, so it’s still a hard no. (dog, ski’s, bikes, don’t fit inside).

35k is getting to a really vialble price point for many folks. I’m excited to see the market continue to change.

We love the EV we have, and not going to a gas station is amazing. What horrible dirty places. I get home, plug in the car, and done. So obvious it’s a better solution (at least for us).
    Click to expand…

Volvo V60 PHEV with European delivery?  (it was high on the list, along with XC40)

I'd have loved that... Should have.

Picked up a new Nissan leaf for $7500 from the dealer 2years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Marko-ER
    replied

Click to expand…

It’s close. We want a wagon, not a sedan, so it’s still a hard no. (dog, ski’s, bikes, don’t fit inside).

35k is getting to a really vialble price point for many folks. I’m excited to see the market continue to change.

We love the EV we have, and not going to a gas station is amazing. What horrible dirty places. I get home, plug in the car, and done. So obvious it’s a better solution (at least for us).

Volvo V60 PHEV with European delivery?  (it was high on the list, along with XC40)

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied

It's close. We want a wagon, not a sedan, so it's still a hard no. (dog, ski's, bikes, don't fit inside).

35k is getting to a really vialble price point for many folks. I'm excited to see the market continue to change.

We love the EV we have, and not going to a gas station is amazing. What horrible dirty places. I get home, plug in the car, and done. So obvious it's a better solution (at least for us).

Leave a comment:

• Marko-ER
    replied
    If I am willing to put up with the hassle, I can return the car until I get one that is as close as possible to perfect.  There are checklists for all the defects, too.

Leave a comment:

• Peds
    replied
    Jasons is a great channel, but this video has been the 1 thing that proves the quality problem.

not an issue for me as i am not planning one anytime soon. but the future, definitely would go electric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSLTNjGI8hw

Leave a comment:

• Marko-ER
    replied
    So 35K Tesla ("standard") model is here.  Does this change anyone's calculus?  I am thinking standard or standard plus, with no extra bells/whistles for under 40K, not too bad.  Standard plus comes with 240 vs. 220 (for standard) range, slight increase in performance and fit&finish.  6% increase in price for a 9% increase in performance (ha, they know how to talk my language).

Major concerns:  fit & finish on the car (Tesla will really push it to deliver all orders before June 30th expiry of 3750$ tax credit), charging (fear of the unknown), service & especially body work should the car get damaged, expense (still cheaper to keep my 10 year old ICE Honda, that thing is a tank could last another 10 years easily).

Minor concerns:  I would prefer a pickup truck, and Rivian truck looks quite appealing... but there's even more unknowns with that.  Will probably make a full pro-con list and decide by the end of the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    Earnings report

A pretty cool read.   Profitable and anticipated to maintain that with manufacturing alone.  Z credits adding a healthy $200M to the bottom line and with EV eating everyone's battery limited lunch, probably will increase that as the CARB requirements ramp up.

But what I found interesting --  Tesla building parts of the 3 directly in China ---- in 2019.  That's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Anne
    replied
    Hit and run is hit and run regardless of who is at fault. Felony given injury potential.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    No, they haven't.   Sure, that maybe true from the jury standpoint on fault.   Small issue, they fled the scene and that's felony count.   This will end in plea bargain for something inbetween.

Leave a comment:

• Hank
    replied
    Wow StarTrekDoc, did you hear back from CHP about whether they caught that hit and run Audi driver? The Audi clearly was in the wrong, but if the YouTube comments are any indication, he should roll the dice and go for a jury trial. It looks like he could get at least one or two idiot drivers who also never check their blind spot and would exonerate him.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    So true G!  If we start a topic about EHRs, I bet that will quickly surpass this one.   Point is- EHRs were game changers to the way we practice medicine.

So is reElectrification of the auto industry. (remember back in early 1900s there was an even split of steam, electric, gas cars!)

Ford was crazy too by most measures--

Model T intended for the masses was introduced in 1907 but wasn't able to truly mass produced until 1913 as he tinkered with scaling his assembly line.  Sound familiar?

Infrastructure -  Model T introduced 1907.   First Service station for gas vehicles --  1913.   Range anxiety existed back then too!   Unlike Ford, Telsa had competition with the ICE instructure -- so it just build its own.

Leave a comment:

• G
    replied
    It cracks me up that this is one of the (if not THE) biggest threads on WCI Forum.

(just adding to the legend here.)

I don't really care about TSLA or Musk.  The cars are fun enough, but I can live without one.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Get charged up with Google Maps
    Andrew Foster
    Group Product Manager, Google Maps
    Published Oct 16, 2018

Any disrupting technology innovations go through a natural development process. EV’s and self driving cars are in the middle of that. As a consumer, I would have never thought to look on Honda’s website for a trip planner or a gas station! Learn something new everyday.

Tesla as an investment
    Tesla as a product to purchase
    Elon Musk factor- polarizing but impacts both. Just as Gates and Jobs developed cult like followings, I simply try to be agnostic to the impact. With Musk, that’s difficult to do. Innovation wise, amazing. The brash risk taking drives the disruptive gains, it also gives me pause from an investment and product viewpoint.
    Under promise and over deliver just aren’t part of his style, except for stock price!

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Get charged up with Google Maps
    Andrew Foster
    Group Product Manager, Google Maps
    Published Oct 16, 2018

FYI

Leave a comment:

Working...
X