Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burritos
    replied
    Is there a strike price to consider buying? I knew a FA who in 2011 claimed that he only did index ETFs, but his only stock was TSLA. I think get bought when it IPO'd.

Fundamentals aside, what is the bankrupt scenario gonna look like? Stock going to zero? Bond holders getting 10 cents on the dollar? Customer base left out in the cold?  I don't own any tesla stock, but I just don't see it happening.

Leave a comment:

• jhenry
    replied
    I have regarded Musk as a brilliant entrepreneur, but have had suspicion towards the cult who load up on the TSLA stock disregarding fundamentals and idiosyncratic risk. I also have not cared for Musk's misleading communications with the capital markets, his dealings with the SEC and Tesla's corporate governance.

However, when I actually drove in a Tesla, I had to admit they are cool and a lot of fun! Much respect to Elon.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied

Recharge 168 miles in 15 minutes at Supercharger locations.   -- this caught my attention on the new supercharger V3.0

We spec'd out the 7 seater for now while awaiting more specifics on the reality of the space and how much it'll eat up when folded down too.

Leave a comment:

• Molar Mechanic
    replied
    Slick looking. Will be interesting to see how much room there really is in those back seats.

Personally, the five seat version would be perfect for me, but I’m not shopping.  We’ll see what the options are next year when we shop more seriously for a new family hauler.  I was hoping they would offer a jumbo battery road trip warrior option, too.  I knew that was a long shot.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    Oh smack --  7 seater option.   Fall 2020 is a bit disappointing unfortunately.

Car and Driver:  https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26828716/tesla-model-y-photos-info/

So get the initial LongRange Rear Drive or sport $4k more for the AWD?

Leave a comment:

• Molar Mechanic
    replied
    Agree with function of the doors.  Not a fan of running up the Tesla flag at school pickup.  Way too flashy.

Leave a comment:

• Jarpee
    replied

My wife’s Explorer is in the zone where replacement is reasonable, and the “Gremlin” factor is rising (little things not working, then working again).  She steals my Model 3 as often as she can, which she’s never wanted to drive one of my vehicles before.  She already wanted her own Tesla when we had a Model X loaner, and she fell in love.  If it weren’t for the Falcon Wing doors, then we probably would already have her in one.  She’ll probably in reality drive the first of two options.  Model Y with 3 rows (hoping for good news tonight) or Model X with traditional or sliding doors.

Your wife doesn't like the falcon wing doors? I think they are awesome, much easier to load and unload kids and other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    Good luck finding a Niro or Kona -  limited supply -- both solid cars IMHO.

Bolt is good car, but there's VERY LITTLE trunk space.  If you're wide, the seats are a bit narrow.

Niro EV is still in the running for us -- and it'll really come down to price and availability for us on Niro vs Model Y

Leave a comment:

• Medikit
    replied
    I am fully on board with electric vehicles, I think they are more enjoyable to ride and appreciate not having to worry about gasoline, oil, or any aspect of internal combustion engines. I am concerned about the length of time it takes to repair a Tesla vehicle. I'm purchasing a new vehicle this year- Either a Bolt (good time to buy this month since the rebate will be cut in half in April), the Kia Niro EV, or the Kona EV. Long term I'm also pretty excited about the recently announced Polestar 2 but doesn't look like it will be readily available for several years.

Leave a comment:

• Molar Mechanic
    replied
    There was a leak a while back that said it would.  I had thought it was an Elon tweet, but can't find any reference now.  I never believe anything until it's done with Tesla anyhow.  People outside the company pretending to have knowledge of Tesla's plans are comical since the plans aren't made ahead of time anyhow. 

Leave a comment:

• Nysoz
    replied
    I don't think the Y can get a 3rd row as it's based off the model 3 skateboard/chassis. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a Y as well, my Toyota highlander is getting up there and want to downsize a bit.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    I can see the Y getting a potential 3rd row in the future, but not now

Why steal the upsell potential to the X on those?

They'll concentrate on the solid CUV/SUV market :  $40-70k - and make bundles out of standard max packages until demand falls;

I believe they'll do the same ramp schedule as Model 3.   Loaded Ys with everything and eventually offer lower trims and more options as ramp up outstrips high end US demand.  People won't like that the RWD/standard battery won't be offered immediately and bemoan that as bad PR; but it's smart business to get the most of a limited output during rampup.

pencil me in for mid-2020 Y  to replace out the old CRV which still has plenty of legs (only 90k on it).

Leave a comment:

• Molar Mechanic
    replied
    My wife's Explorer is in the zone where replacement is reasonable, and the "Gremlin" factor is rising (little things not working, then working again).  She steals my Model 3 as often as she can, which she's never wanted to drive one of my vehicles before.  She already wanted her own Tesla when we had a Model X loaner, and she fell in love.  If it weren't for the Falcon Wing doors, then we probably would already have her in one.  She'll probably in reality drive the first of two options.  Model Y with 3 rows (hoping for good news tonight) or Model X with traditional or sliding doors.

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied

Yea I’m pretty sold on the Model X, haha. Have test drove one several times. Need to wait until our only debt is our mortgage before even considering buying however.

I love one, because functionally, it's big enough for some people, kids, dogs, and camping stuff. And is electric. I'm optimistic we'll see some other options on the market soon!

Leave a comment:

• Jarpee
    replied

Can’t wait until I can afford a Model X. Ha!! Hopefully next year.

Click to expand…

Maybe the smaller Tesla SUV?  A lot less costly?  The Model Y has a big reveal next week. The consensus is for the base model to come in at less than $40k.

However, you never know how long you will need to wait for delivery….

Yea I'm pretty sold on the Model X, haha. Have test drove one several times. Need to wait until our only debt is our mortgage before even considering buying however.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X