No announcement yet.

Date night ideas anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to going to my lake house this weekend.  My husband and I like to play with our dogs and sip a drink on the deck watching the boats and barges go by.

Comment

Our date nights are usually simple dinners out.  Every other week it is just the two of us.  And the other weeks we bring one of the kids so we have time with them, too.

We often browse some local stores, sometimes go to a movie.

cd :O)
      Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. -- Isaiah 40:31

Comment

thanks for all the great suggestions

Comment

or to a spa or just get pedicures together!
          Click to expand…

Have you really gotten pedicures together?  ?

Yes! If you are a man and haven't gotten a pedicure, you haven't lived ;-)

Seriously, it feels so nice! And I bet your partner would appreciate it too. There's literally no downside. DO IT!

Comment

Night skiing.

Game night with a few other couples.

Click to expand…

Never even thought of night skiing

It turns out we only know people I work with, neighbors or families connected to our kids ? (we are transplants here)

Try reaching out to some of the people in those groups to make closer connections. We moved to our current location 7 years ago and all of our good friends started out as co workers, neighbors, or parents of my son's friends.

Comment

I agree with others above. The plays, Orchestra etc you mentioned are great date night ideas. Actually the kids may prefer a trampoline park or the circus. Kids do need to be cultured but unless they really like those things...take the kids to kid events and reserve more "sophisticated outings" for the adults. I've been married 16 years and we try to "date night" at least once a month, even if it's just dinner alone after work...of course leaving the kids at home.  

Comment

Working...
              X