Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date night ideas anyone?

Hey guys

This is little off topic but does relate to FIRE. We are in early 40s to mid 40s and getting closer and closer to FIRE. As we reach our goals, we wanted to spend more time with each other as well (two kids in elementary).

I was wondering if you guys have any date night ideas? Most places like plays, orchestras, movies, dinners we end up going with kids. I was wondering if you can suggest ideas for few hours of date nights for ourselves?

An ideal would be to be back by 10-10.30 pm so we can hit the bed for next day activities.

Most places like plays, orchestras, movies, dinners we end up going with kids. I was wondering if you can suggest ideas for few hours of date nights for ourselves?

Those things, but don't go with kids.   

Or send the kids somewhere else, spend evening cooking together, etc.

Comment

Leave the kids, works better.

Comment

The wife and I have found different venues around town that offer wine tastings or classes.  We'll do that, which lasts about an hour, then go to dinner afterwards.

Comment

Agree with everyone who has suggested your regular activities without kids. Other ideas would be going out with couple friends, going to a piano bar, taking a cooking class together (our amazing local grocery store offers them as does Williams Sonoma), taking a dance class together (our community center has them), go skiing or to a spa or just get pedicures together! I also love just taking walks with my husband.

Comment

or to a spa or just get pedicures together!

Have you really gotten pedicures together?  8O

Comment

Tipsy paintbrush place (paint together and have some wine), dinner, sometimes my wife and I just go to a coffee shop, sit and chat.  No kinda, relaxed, no worries of schedule, its refreshing.

Also dinner and a movie (since we don't often get out to see movies there are always lots of choices).

Comment

Think about what you enjoyed doing together before kids.

Next, do that.

My wife and I usually get babysitters for fundraising events, or dinner and a drink. We're a few years away from being able to leave them at home for short spells.

Comment

Think about what you enjoyed doing together before kids.

Just make sure you have a childproof lock on your bedroom door.
                  Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Rent a nice hotel room downtown, drop the kids off at grandma's for the night, go out to a orchestra concert, ballet, or play, then a nice dinner somewhere.  Sounds like you can afford a nice night out on the town.  Do it right  It will feel like a weekend get away.

Comment

Night skiing.

Game night with a few other couples.

Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Our teens, though still at home, are usually not at home. We enjoy watching series (ie. Game of Thrones, Lost, This is Us, etc.) together with a great bottle of wine, dining out, going for long walks with the dogs, and the like. Now that I type that, it sounds really boring.  :roll:

Comment

Our teens, though still at home, are usually not at home. We enjoy watching series (ie. Game of Thrones, Lost, This is Us, etc.) together with a great bottle of wine, dining out, going for long walks with the dogs, and the like. Now that I type that, it sounds really boring.  ?

That sounds great, its just so cold outside

Comment

Night skiing.

Game night with a few other couples.

Never even thought of night skiing

It turns out we only know people I work with, neighbors or families connected to our kids (we are transplants here)

Comment

After a day of backcountry ice skating or backcountry skiing, my wife and I enjoy spending time together next to a wood fire with a wine and cheese plate and then trading massages.  Simple but effective departure from life's stress and chaos.

Comment

Working...
                              X