• Show
Clear All

• PaperChaser
    replied
    Maybe my residency would pay for this?  

Leave a comment:

• wideopenspaces
    replied
    If they did snowbird, they have the BEST rooftop hot tub where we could hang out!

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    I would come.

The skiME is not that enticing but whatevs.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Bonnie MD
    replied
    I hope there is a hot tub for the non-skiers

Leave a comment:

• The White Coat Investor
    replied

If you did get 50-100 people to attend, how much tuition are we talking about to attend?

When I run the numbers I think about what a typical CME conference costs- $500-600, something like that.

Working on the CME aspect this week.

Leave a comment:

• pierre
    replied
    If you did get 50-100 people to attend, how much tuition are we talking about to attend?

Leave a comment:

• Dreamgiver
    replied
    Just joined the forum after several years of lurking and I think this is an excellent idea. I am local in Salt Lake City and happy to help put it together.

Leave a comment:

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    To KIS and logistics, perhaps partner with existing CME planners.  I'd love to CME Cruise and Financials

Leave a comment:

• PhysicianOnFIRE
    replied

Lets make it happen

I volunteered to speak, and we toured one of the potential sites (Snowbird) together. It would be great fun to meet the people behind the usernames!

Leave a comment:

• thryoid_storm
    replied
    now that WCI and POF have joined up to form a super team, I think that this Financial CME conf would be great.

I would love to see this come to light.

I think that the turnout would be really good given the following of the websites.

Lets make it happen

Leave a comment:

• DMdoc
    replied
    Count me in! This is a great idea!

Leave a comment:

replied
    I was referring more to Boglehead local chapters. When 4 people show up for all of the Northern Utah, it's hard to believe a local WCI chapter is going to do even half as well. The nice thing is we can all meet right here, online.

Leave a comment:

replied

Sounds like a great idea. Agree that it may take a few years to take off, but would guess it would be tremendously popular.

An idea I was toying around with was WCI chapters around the country where we meet regularly like Bogleheads. What would our nick name be? Dahleheads? All hail the Dahle Lama? Thoughts?

Ugh. Please no.

I think the local chapters only work well when there is plenty of participation and someone who has prepared a presentation. The informal chat over a meal doesn't seem nearly as useful to me.

Leave a comment:

replied

My husband and I would LOVE to attend a conference like this, but I’m not in the medical field. Can non-medical people attend CME courses?  My husband has been looking for an excuse to go back to Utah to ski, so it would be perfect.

Of course.

Leave a comment:

replied

Unless attendance will be mostly men would be good to have some female specific topics like handling maternity leave if you’re the main breadwinner and tackling the rising cost of childcare for those that don’t have stay at home spouses to name a few.

Did you just volunteer to give a talk?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X