No announcement yet.

Financial CME Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll put a plug in for snowbird. Found that to be a better conference venue vs park city especially with how busy PC has gotten in the last couple years. My old man use to put on a cardiology conference there. Cliff lodge was great..

It wouldn't take much time for it grow even if the first year or two was slim.

I would also love for group management and contract discussions/lectures as well. I think that is the next frontier in empowering docs to get a fair shake!

Comment

I'm a local and would love to see this happen.  A fall conference in Zion sounds even better.  A "pet" topic I would love to see covered is locum tenens and handling contracts and taxes as an IC.
      I sometimes have trouble reading private messages on the forum. I can also be contacted at [email protected]

Comment

Great ideas. Very true that a slim start could turn into something significant in a few years, thats how it all starts.

Comment

I'm in whenever as long as enough notice to be able to request time off work. It would be great if WCI includes a talk on alternative investments (Real Estate, P2P loans, invest for equity in a Startup, etc.) outside of retirement accounts.

Comment

Unless attendance will be mostly men would be good to have some female specific topics like handling maternity leave if you're the main breadwinner and tackling the rising cost of childcare for those that don't have stay at home spouses to name a few.

Comment

Unless attendance will be mostly men would be good to have some female specific topics like handling maternity leave if you’re the main breadwinner and tackling the rising cost of childcare for those that don’t have stay at home spouses to name a few.

Still good to have these topics to promote diverse topics and invite fuller participation...if you speak about it they will attend or something...

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. Agree that it may take a few years to take off, but would guess it would be tremendously popular.

An idea I was toying around with was WCI chapters around the country where we meet regularly like Bogleheads. What would our nick name be? Dahleheads? All hail the Dahle Lama? Thoughts?

Comment

My husband and I would LOVE to attend a conference like this, but I'm not in the medical field. Can non-medical people attend CME courses?  My husband has been looking for an excuse to go back to Utah to ski, so it would be perfect.

Comment

Chapter name: Dahlers and Sense or the Dahlers and Sense conference (I know Jim won't like that).
                    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Unless attendance will be mostly men would be good to have some female specific topics like handling maternity leave if you’re the main breadwinner and tackling the rising cost of childcare for those that don’t have stay at home spouses to name a few.
                      Click to expand…

Still good to have these topics to promote diverse topics and invite fuller participation…if you speak about it they will attend or something…

be happy to

Comment

Interested!  Have been looking for an excuse for a ski trip and Salt Lake City easy airport to get to.  Also agree would need plenty advance notice to get time off.  Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

Interested too.  Will follow this thread.

Comment

Did you just volunteer to give a talk?
                            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

My husband and I would LOVE to attend a conference like this, but I’m not in the medical field. Can non-medical people attend CME courses?  My husband has been looking for an excuse to go back to Utah to ski, so it would be perfect.

Of course.
                              Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. Agree that it may take a few years to take off, but would guess it would be tremendously popular.

An idea I was toying around with was WCI chapters around the country where we meet regularly like Bogleheads. What would our nick name be? Dahleheads? All hail the Dahle Lama? Thoughts?

Ugh. Please no.

I think the local chapters only work well when there is plenty of participation and someone who has prepared a presentation. The informal chat over a meal doesn't seem nearly as useful to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X