Financial CME Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial CME Conference

Saw Jim's post in the comments today about a financial conference and wanted to discuss this more.  Anybody else think this would be fun?  For me, I'd have to have an hour of CME (preferably each day) to deduct it.  I would think that topics that would qualify for CME could be along the lines of practice management.

Jim mentioned morning and evening talks--I'd be ok just skiing in the morning and getting together pre-dinner (over dinner?) for a couple hours.  Maybe a non-CME evening cocktail hour for meet-and-greet?  This could be great!

That would be a blast, could be deductible and fun.

Comment

We've looked into lots of the details (how much for the room, how much for breakfast, how many participants we'd need to break even, what kind of discounted rooms we could offer, list of potential speakers, CME requirements etc). Really the only question is whether I can get 50-100 attendees to come out (and pay) to attend. That's all it would take to make this worth it to us.
      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I wish I skied (no interest). There must be a hot tub somewhere at least.

Comment

Love to go a financial conference but no interest in skiing

Comment

Location will be important!  Our family skies at least once a year and its a nice tax write off for at least a part of the trip.  Those that don't know how to ski.. consider learning, its not hard.   I'm 38, started skiing 4-5 years ago.  Haven't broken any bones yet.. but at least we'll have an ER physician close by!!  = ) Otherwise.. snow-mobiles, dog sledding, snow tubing, jacuzzi, drink and be merry, etc.   Lots to do other than skiing.  Sign me up plus wife and 4 kids!  Topics that I'd like to hear more about... tax considerations for the small business owner and real estate investor.

Comment

Im sure there is a location that is amenable to most people and offers lots of activities.

Comment

I can learn to ski!

Sign me up!

Comment

I'd be on board! If it was done locally in SLC, all the ski resorts in the area have great hot tubs! I like snowbird's in particular - it's up on the roof and the view is just breathtaking!!

Comment

I would be interested but would also need to have some medical information so that I can actually get my employer to pay for it....thoughts? Middle of the country is good so everyone could meet up. So SLC would be a good idea.

Comment

I’d be on board! If it was done locally in SLC, all the ski resorts in the area have great hot tubs! I like snowbird’s in particular – it’s up on the roof and the view is just breathtaking!!

I've got quotes from Snowbird. It is the closest one to my house. Nightlife in Park City is a little better though, and the skiing is friendlier for beginning/intermediate skiers.
                      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Count me in for the fall conference in Zion. Heck, I'll even help plan it, give a lecture or two, and lead fellow attendees up to Angel's Landing!

Comment

I'd be there, schedule permitting.

Comment

Please schedule way in advance, so I can put in for the vacation time!

Comment

I'd be interested in going.. as long as its not in the summer months.

Comment

Working...
                              X