Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going to be the next United States President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is going to be the next United States President?

Just wondering who you think is going to win the election.

HRC - I think a big bear market is the only thing that can stop her.

Comment

Hillary, unfortunately.  No one can beat her.  The only chance I see for the GOP would be a Rubio/Carson (not necessarily in that order) ticket, which would pick up a lot of the black & Hispanic vote, and would lock Florida, which is a key swing state.

Comment

I concur that it will be HRC. I don't think Trump is electable in the end. (I keep looking over my shoulder to see the moderators locking the thread due to my longtime boglehead reading).

Comment

Haha, RetiredERdoc... I started this thread to fight off PTSD from bogleheads.  Can't believe that I get to wield some power now!  :roll:

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't see anyone but Hilary. Would like to see Rubio.

Comment

Hillary, thank god!

Comment

Trump with Rubio as running mate? Don't laugh it could happen.

Comment

in before the lock!

oh wait...wrong forum.

Comment

Pray it's not Hilary....that would be terrible.

But, unfortunately, the republicans aren't doing too good on putting up a good candidate.

Trump - speaks his true feelings and says it like it is.  nice in this uptight PC culture.  don't think he's electable

Carson - don't think he'll be a final candidate either, although I do like his soft spoken nature.  refreshing to see non-career politicians

Rubio - probably our best chance

Comment

Seems like quite the conservative bent among WCI readers. I feel in good company.

Comment

Don't believe it will be HRC and haven't for a year now, especially with her email "issues". Beginning to believe it actually could be Trump - not my candidate but I'd vote for him if necessary. If I'm wrong and it is HRC, planning to make lemonade with a major Roth conversion the day after.
                        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Comment

I think Hillary will win. One look at the electoral map and the democratic polls ought to convince anyone of that. Who I want to win is a different matter. I'm mostly an "any republican but trump" guy. Speaking your mind might be refreshing and entertaining, but there is a reason for the art of diplomacy, an important skill for a president. Very underwhelmed with the entire field this time around. I think we blew it 4 years ago. I think a Romney/Ryan presidency would have been really good. I'm more and more impressed with those two each year.

Speaking of presidential politics, I think people attribute way too much to the presidency. They just don't have that much power in our system of government for all the doom and gloom that people have when their candidate doesn't win.

As far as moderation policies, this is the lounge...wear a thick skin and pretend you're in the same room as the people you're talking to and we'll let threads like this go as long as people find them interesting.
                            Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I'm going to concur that too much is made out of the presidency, especially as it relates to domestic legislative affairs (taxation, social security, healthcare, etc.).  The fact remains that the GOP holds a majority of both the house and senate, but does not have enough to muster the 2/3rds necessary to override a presidential veto.  A GOP president, any GOP president, would give at least 2 years of GOP driven legislative control.  I'm also going to concur that I have been impressed with Paul Ryan in particular - that's a guy who would get my consideration for president if he were running.

No Rand Paul or Bernie Sanders love in these parts? This must be the one corner of the internet where that's the case. 

Comment

Working...
                              X