Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetiredERdoc
    replied
    Wow, and for years I thought "needle ************************" had an entirely different meaning.

Bi guess my winner during my years of er practice was a rectal can of Pepsi. I could understand a bottle, but a can? I heard the can was punctured during the surgical removal and it sprayed all over the o.r.

Leave a comment:

• UroStar
    replied
    A few years ago, I saw a guy in the ER whose girlfriend tried to shoot him up with heroin but couldn't find a vein. She then tried to shoot it in his penis and lost the needle in there. When I came in to introduce myself and my specialty, he said "how did you get into this, man? That's a weird profession." Real rich. Coming from a guy with a needle in his ************************.

Leave a comment:

• hightower
    replied
    Saw a psychiatric patient recently who somehow managed to shove a toothbrush up his nose (brush end first), through his cribiform plate and into the contralateral frontal lobe of his brain!  He was just sitting there with about 1-2 inches of the handle still hanging out of his nostril.  Needless to say he went on to develop some pretty nasty brain abscesses after it was removed.

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied

Last night a prisoner cracked my hardened enured indifferences born of 30 years working in ER.  A self-mutilator, he had carved a fistula through his ant. abd. wall into proximal small bowel.  The undigested cole slaw and corn from lunch were egressing onto his lap. Predictably he complained about the pain from  removing the tape over  absorbent dressings.

That is indeed impressive.

Leave a comment:

• jz
    replied
    Last night a prisoner cracked my hardened enured indifferences born of 30 years working in ER.  A self-mutilator, he had carved a fistula through his ant. abd. wall into proximal small bowel.  The undigested cole slaw and corn from lunch were egressing onto his lap. Predictably he complained about the pain from  removing the tape over  absorbent dressings.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

I thought this was going to be about David Newman again.

I am so over that thread...

Leave a comment:

• chrisCD
    replied
    Oh My.  Our daughter when she was 2 or so had stuck a small object up her nose which isn't completely uncommon.  Had to go to the ER to get it removed.

cd :O)

Leave a comment:

• DMFA
    replied
    I thought this was going to be about David Newman again.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

You would enjoy this thread: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/things-i-learn-from-my-patients.257985/

Are you kidding me? Truth really is stranger than fiction. And funnier.

Leave a comment:

• The White Coat Investor
    replied
    You would enjoy this thread: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/things-i-learn-from-my-patients.257985/

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    started a topic Fun in the ER

Fun in the ER

Is it really like this in the emergency room? Must confess I LOL at the plunger story.
Working...
X