Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty logging into forum....

Hello!

I have had a lot of difficulty logging into the forum over the last couple weeks and as a result my reading/posting has been reduced, too. There are private messages that I cannot respond to, and I apologize to those to whom I owe a reply. I have tried different browsers and devices with the same results. I have cleared caches, and this has not helped. Perhaps my identity is corrupted in some fashion. I am not a forum expert, but I have had much experience on forums over the last 20+ years, and this one is the most glitchy that I can recall.

At the same time, I have started my new job, and this has occupied my time and my attention, trying to put my best foot forward and learning new computer systems, new procedures, and new people.

The combination of these two factors, website frustrations and new position, make it a good time to take a break from the forum. I want to thank the @whitecoatinvestor for providing this excellent resource for physicians to engage on financial and professional issues. I have made multiple doc friends here and definitely got more out of the forum than I contributed over the years.

I wish all of the docs on the forum good luck in their professional lives, personal lives, and financial lives. My parting word of advice would be to not overly focus on the dollars and cents at the expense of living while you can. I think often of my two buddies (out of six of us) from fellowship that did not make it to their 50th birthdays.

I will attempt to leave a contact email address for anyone who wants to keep in touch or has any questions that I may be able to assist. Cheers!

Good luck! Thanks for everything you’ve contributed to the forum, I’ve really enjoyed your posts.

Comment

You're welcome back any time. For anyone else having trouble logging in, please refresh the cache and let me know if it still doesn't work for you. So far, this has worked for every one who had an issue. Will forward it to the forum developer to see if there is anything else that can be done.
      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

RE: logging in problems, I have noticed the same thing also for the past several weeks. It does not show you are logged in even though you are etc...
        Fatpig

Comment

Shame to lose you as a regular. Hope you come back when things settle down. Good luck!

Comment

We're going to miss you, Vagabond!  Good luck with the new position.

Comment

Also certain threads do now show up at certain times depending on if your logged on.

Comment

Hello!

I have had a lot of difficulty logging into the forum over the last couple weeks and as a result my reading/posting has been reduced, too. There are private messages that I cannot respond to, and I apologize to those to whom I owe a reply. I have tried different browsers and devices with the same results. I have cleared caches, and this has not helped. Perhaps my identity is corrupted in some fashion. I am not a forum expert, but I have had much experience on forums over the best 20+ years, and this one is the most glitchy that I can recall.

At the same time, I have started my new job, and this has occupied my time and my attention, trying to put my best foot forward and learning new computer systems, new procedures, and new people.

The combination of these two factors, website frustrations and new position, make it a good time to take a break from the forum. I want to thank the @whitecoatinvestor for providing this excellent resource for physicians to engage on financial and professional issues. I have made multiple doc friends here and definitely got more out of the forum than I contributed over the years.

I wish all of the docs on the forum good luck in their professional lives, personal lives, and financial lives. My parting word of advice would be to not overly focus on the dollars and cents at the expense of living while you can. I think often of my two buddies (out of six of us) from fellowship that did not make it to their 50th birthdays.

I will attempt to leave a contact email address for anyone who wants to keep in touch or has any questions that I may be able to assist. Cheers!

Hm, if I could apply this "difficulty" logging into a variety of places...I'm not sure what I'd do with all the idle time!

Comment

I also had difficulty logging in for several days last week. I changed browsers, computers and cleared cache. It resolved for no reason I can discern. Perhaps there is a an address we could email if this happens as I couldn't find any where for assistance and didn't want to bother Jim.

Vagabond MD, really going to miss you, and hope you aren't a stranger once your new gig is established. Best wishes.

Comment

Cache doesn't do anything for me. Can't log in on laptop.

Comment

shows me as still needing to log in but once I click on a thread it shows up notifications etc. This has occurred for the past week.

Vagabond, Good luck and hope you come back when you are settled. Maybe meet you in one of the mini meets in the South East once I become an empty nester.

Comment

A couple of us posted about this issue as an aside in another thread (so sorry, don’t recall which now). My iPad seems to be working better tonight but my work computer is still giving me fits. Yes, after clearing cache.
                        Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Wanted to make this a separate post. I still hope to see you still at the Nashville meet-up. There are some rare folks who stand out and leave an indelible impression. Yep, that’s you.

You’re a rock star in my book and I wish you so much good will in your new position. I think others would join me in saying that we got far more from you than we gave - you have been that rare voice of temperance, wisdom, and common sense.

This is so sad to me and I will miss you more than I can express - please don’t be a stranger for long.

ps - good luck doing your taxes next year. Go for it!!! (Email me if you have questions, it’s the least I can do lol.)

?
                          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Yes, I am having difficulty logging in.  I tried clearing the site specific cookies and cache, still having issues....

Comment

I've sent this thread to the developer and we'll see what can be done.
                              Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X