No announcement yet.

What book(s) are you reading right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What book(s) are you reading right now?

Finance, fiction, non-fiction, medical? I thought it would be interesting to share what interests you all enough to commit several hours to a book in your busy lives. Maybe learn something about the people who we spend so much time conversing with on this forum.

I’m currently reading (listening on Audible, as always) The Emerald Mile by Kevin Fedarko, about “the fastest ride in history through the heart of the Grand Canyon”. Got it on a daily deal. HIGHLY recommended to wilderness enthusiasts and those who are interested in American history alike. Makes me feel like a wimp, but I love how the history of the GC and the exploration of the Colorado River is woven throughout. Learning a lot.

Any other voracious book readers currently out there? If not, I’ll shut the thread down ?.
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Factfullness by Hans Rosling and his son/DIL.

It's almost mind-bending. Goes through with tons of data how much better the world is than you think and how poorly informed people about things like poverty rates falling rapidly.

Comment

Range: Why generalists triumph in a specialized world by David Epstein.

Interesting read. We’ll see if it applies to medicine

Comment

Factfullness by Hans Rosling and his son/DIL.

It’s almost mind-bending. Goes through with tons of data how much better the world is than you think and how poorly informed people about things like poverty rates falling rapidly.

Our world in data is an amazing website with great graphics in re: to this.

Comment

Bringing up Bebe, and interesting look at how another first world country (France) raises its children.

Comment

Bringing up Bebe, and interesting look at how another first world country (France) raises its children.

I read some of that stuff a few years back. Pretty fascinating comparisons.

Comment

How To Talk So Little Kids Will Listen.

https://www.amazon.com/Talk-Little-Kids-Will-Listen/dp/150113163X

The strategies given are occasionally unrealistic, but I feel like my relationship with my 3 year old has improved since I've been reading the book.

Comment

All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy, for the third or fourth time

Comment

fun thread.

Midnight in Chernobyl (in the car)

Happiness Curve (1/4 of way through...with renewals, I've had it checked out for almost 18 weeks...I'm about to embrace reality)

Comment

This thread is right up my alley. Reading is the only hobby I have not let go.
                    Just finished starship troopers today. Much better that the movie.
                    Started blade runner. Never saw this movie.

Comment

Just finished Lean Out. I pretty much agree with her.

Comment

Mansfield Park, for the one thousand th time.

I have The Master and his Emissary as well, plan to start it soon. My neighbor insists I read it so we can discuss. Written by a psychiatrist, about theories of the mind, or something.

Comment

So much non fiction.
                          Don't you guys get enough non fiction in real life?

Comment

So much non fiction.
                            Don’t you guys get enough non fiction in real life?

Seriously?  Barely a day in the ER goes by when I say "you can't make this up."

Comment

So much non fiction.
                              Don’t you guys get enough non fiction in real life?
                              Click to expand…

Seriously?  Barely a day in the ER goes by when I say “you can’t make this up.”

Totally! I say this phrase when I do outreach in a community about an hour away from here... so much poverty, drugs, etc. and the stuff they come up with... blows my mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X