No announcement yet.

Model S or Model 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The S certainly is due for a tech update on the batteries and underpinnings with the Plaid transmission coming next year.   They don't seem to want to redo the exterior/interior much though aside minor fascia tweeks.

Drive the 3 around for a week -- you probably won't want to give it back -- to anyone.   I LOVE my Infiniti G37, but the Model 3 simply outperforms it in almost every category so my G37 has been relegated to commuter car status and the 3 gets all the weekend love (wife drive the 3 during the week) --and that's just the Long Range RWD model.

We would love the AWD-P  but really couldn't justify the splurge just because.  ---or maybe perhaps in the future with the Y -- perhaps.

Comment

did you see the newly released season 2 of supercars on netflix?  ludicrus plus tesla is involved.  no spoilers here.

Comment

By the way, this week is the best week to purchase a new Tesla. And of the quarter week. Best deals to be had now. If you’re interested in an inventory model, check out www.ev-cpo.com

Comment

I also recommend the long range model 3. I've had it for a few months now, and still get a thrill of driving it every time I get in.

Comment

Where is Zaphod to speak to the doom and gloom side of Tesla when you need him? Aren’t their solar panels causing roofs at Walmart and Amazon to catch on fire?

Comment

There are model S’s with over 400,000 miles. They can go forever. I would buy a used S over a new 3, but I like luxury and tech. Either is a good choice. The instant torque is amazing.

Comment

I don't get the "econobox" comments about the 3 - huh?

Go test drive both. They are starkly different cars. It was immediately obvious to me which one I wanted.

Comment

I wish I would have test driven the Model S but unfortunately I don't have a dealership in my city, so going to test drive an S will be a bit of a weekend day trip. This has been really good advice, I really appreciate it.

Has anyone out there on the forum bought a 3 and regretted not getting an S?

Comment

The 3 was more fun to drive. But is ugly, hate the one center screen, and no leg room in the back for adult 6' people.

Give me PORSHE interior with everything else S. ??

Comment

The 3 was more fun to drive. But is ugly, hate the one center screen, and no leg room in the back for adult 6′ people.

Give me PORSHE interior with everything else S. ??

no leg room -- give me Porshe interior.  ----  wait, what?!?   Every Porshe interior I've seen is more 2+2 than anything.

Comment

MB interior, or any high end luxury car. Simple things like a pocket door. Or comfy seats. 360 camera.

The model 3 does not have any legroom in the back. My knees were into the driver seat.

Tech of the S with the finished of any luxury manufacturer.

Comment

MB interior, or any high end luxury car. Simple things like a pocket door. Or comfy seats. 360 camera.

The model 3 does not have any legroom in the back. My knees were into the driver seat.

Tech of the S with the finished of any luxury manufacturer.

Comment

Hmm. I'm not sure what to think of that.

My Model 3 with autopilot has been driving me 95% of the way back-and-forth from clinic for the last week, including changing lanes and optimizing my route in real-time. I'm not sure what a car pocket door is, but as I zip down the highway while my car drives itself, I don't feel any lack of luxury

Comment

Different strokes for different folks. I said the tech was fantastic. AP is great. I said the interior is lacking.

Comment

Different strokes for different folks. I said the tech was fantastic. AP is great. I said the interior is lacking.

This was my impression as well. Car drives great and is fun. But the interior is terrible and not of the caliber the rest of the car is. Its funny because yesterday I overhead several docs in the lounge discussing tesla and one guys biggest complaint was it was uncomfortable for longer drives compared to other cars.

I think everyone thinks the 3 is very fun, its like a go kart.

Comment

Working...
                                X