• Show
Clear All

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied
    Locking this thread - VIP request

Leave a comment:

• Jaqen Haghar MD
    replied

People generally use their real name on Facebook rather than Snag75.

Hey, that's Dr. Snag75 to you.  His great grandfather, Jebediah Snag75, had the name shortened from Snag75postsalot when the family emigrated over in 1872.

Leave a comment:

• MPMD
    replied

I really appreciate some of the candor about Forum ban. It improves the experience for me to know that people who are contributing basically nothing can eventually be shown the door.
    Click to expand…

If you like that you’ll love the way we run the FB group. It’s pretty much one strike you’re out over there. It’s a pretty liberal policy over here.

I can only imagine.

My guess is way more trolling and solicitation there.

Honestly after 2016 I cut my fb use back to the bare minimum. There are a few annoying things (groups) that basically require me to be on it as that's the only way they do biz otherwise I'd probably delete my account.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    “They are in California. ?”
    https://www.zillow.com/los-angeles-ca/%241-million_att/

I feel the pain.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    @q-school,
    Whether it’s 6,7, or 8 figures everyone has a perception of the possible wealth. Stealth can deflate or inflate. I doubt you would need to worry about the $20 in the hat. I am sure the flash in the physicians lounge moves on to the next news flash.

Your plan on spending it will spread quickly too! At least you can smile with your tan and name drop about the folks you ran into at that exclusive resort. I agree, it’s rude to flaunt success, no obligation to deny it.

Leave a comment:

• jfoxcpacfp
    replied

On a second note, i think if others find that out your net worth is 8 figures, every time you cough up twenty bucks for the hat that is passed being around, everyone eyes you as a cheapskate.  It’s not that i care about how much anyone has.

As I grow older and (perhaps?) a little wiser, I view being seen a cheapskate as a badge of honor. It has also become much easier to say “no, I can’t help right now” (whether it is money or being on a BOD). And, to tell the truth, time becomes increasingly more precious than money.

But I’m nowhere near $10M. Perhaps if I were, I might have a different perspective ;-)

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied

Do they know you are worth $10 million bucks?

They know I'm a physician and make the "big bucks".

Leave a comment:

• q-school
    replied

every time you cough up twenty bucks for the hat that is passed being around, everyone eyes you as a cheapskate. 
    Click to expand…

They already think I’m a cheapskate when I cough up $0.

Do they know you are worth $10 million bucks?

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied

every time you cough up twenty bucks for the hat that is passed being around, everyone eyes you as a cheapskate.

They already think I'm a cheapskate when I cough up $0.

Leave a comment:

• q-school
    replied

personally, i’m surprised there were so many fans.

the first ten posts were amusing.  the next hundred were borderline rude and insulting.  it’s not that he needed to be banned or anything, just that the shtick was tired (for me).

if i were his wife, i would watch out as well.  i thought they were already at 6 million net worth in their late 30s/early 40s?   they are going to be tracking toward WCI type stratosphere if they keep it up.  sometimes you start intending to be anonymous but over the years, you relax and start revealing more and more.  suddenly not anonymous and the posts are saved forever.  if you expect WCI to continue to reach out, eventually someone in your hospital finds out and then boom.   hey did you know dr. fat little pig is worth 10 million and he’s fifty?  one rumor like that spreads like wildfire through the physician lounges.  i think spouse is very, very smart for limiting this.
    Click to expand…

Agree with the first half.  Always interesting to see what people find funny or impressive–it’s like when the bully at school calls someone fatso or stupid and everyone laughs like it’s the funniest thing ever.

I wouldn’t be all that concerned about finding out someone is 50 (or whatever age) with NW of 10 million (or whatever).  I know people who have had family money from the start and it didn’t affect their work ethic as far as I could tell.  I don’t really care how much money any of my colleagues or friends have.  I’d be more concerned as a spouse about the kiddos coming across it and reading some of the harsher comments or the comments about going to the gym to watch all the ladies etc. and figuring out that was your dad talking.

Maybe it’s because i’m old.  . As i inch closer to retirement, i worry more about liability.  If there was a lawyer reading your posts and realized you had a net worth of 10 million, at what point do you become a deep enough pocket to pursue in a malpractice case?   I think most people carry 1/3 million in liability insurance.    I know the likelihood of a catastrophic suit is low, but i don’t want to be the exception to the rule.

On a second note, i think if others find that out your net worth is 8 figures, every time you cough up twenty bucks for the hat that is passed being around, everyone eyes you as a cheapskate.  It’s not that i care about how much anyone has.  It’s more that once the rumors start, they spread uncontrolled and everyone starts hitting you up.  I personally prefer stealth.   Or even spending it before accumulating that kind of wealth  

Jmo

ymmv

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied

or the comments about going to the gym to watch all the ladies etc. and figuring out that was your dad talking.

Or your mom. I mean, it is 2019. NTTAWWT.

Leave a comment:

• Anne
    replied

personally, i’m surprised there were so many fans.

the first ten posts were amusing.  the next hundred were borderline rude and insulting.  it’s not that he needed to be banned or anything, just that the shtick was tired (for me).

if i were his wife, i would watch out as well.  i thought they were already at 6 million net worth in their late 30s/early 40s?   they are going to be tracking toward WCI type stratosphere if they keep it up.  sometimes you start intending to be anonymous but over the years, you relax and start revealing more and more.  suddenly not anonymous and the posts are saved forever.  if you expect WCI to continue to reach out, eventually someone in your hospital finds out and then boom.   hey did you know dr. fat little pig is worth 10 million and he’s fifty?  one rumor like that spreads like wildfire through the physician lounges.  i think spouse is very, very smart for limiting this.

Agree with the first half.  Always interesting to see what people find funny or impressive--it's like when the bully at school calls someone fatso or stupid and everyone laughs like it's the funniest thing ever.

I wouldn't be all that concerned about finding out someone is 50 (or whatever age) with NW of 10 million (or whatever).  I know people who have had family money from the start and it didn't affect their work ethic as far as I could tell.  I don't really care how much money any of my colleagues or friends have.  I'd be more concerned as a spouse about the kiddos coming across it and reading some of the harsher comments or the comments about going to the gym to watch all the ladies etc. and figuring out that was your dad talking.

Leave a comment:

• Tyche
    replied

So what’s the huge risk to being outed as being worth 5-10 million dollars? That’s not hedge fund or IB money. I could have sword FLP said he had a million dollar house. Middle income or poor people are not in those houses, fake rolexes or not.
    Click to expand…

They are in California. ?

It's OK because he only spends about $50 a year at restaurants.

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied

So what’s the huge risk to being outed as being worth 5-10 million dollars? That’s not hedge fund or IB money. I could have sword FLP said he had a million dollar house. Middle income or poor people are not in those houses, fake rolexes or not.

They are in California.

Leave a comment:

• SerrateAndDominate
    replied

Remember when you needed a @edu email to join.  Those were the days.

I have since ditched my facebook account when I applied to medical school and my wife keeps me informed on the happenings in the social world.  And I keep her appraised on the happenings on the WCI forum.  Neither of us listen to the other during these updates.

Sounds like our wives could be related. Although, she did laugh when I read some of FLP's posts. I won't ruin the myth by telling her that this entire time FLP was wearing a fake rolex on his skinny wrist while furiously typing his snarky, omniscient posts while hiding from his wife's view.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X