Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised there wasn't a Goodbye Cruel Forum thread from FLP.  He did at least make things interesting.  That being said, when you are as acerbic and at times obnoxious as he is, you either have to have Rhino skin or irreproachable judgment.  That fake Rolex thread exemplified the opposite.
    I sometimes have trouble reading private messages on the forum. I can also be contacted at [email protected]

Comment

I’m surprised there wasn’t a Goodbye Cruel Forum thread from FLP.

2nd LOL of the day. You guys are on a roll. Very nice on a working Saturday.
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

My guess is when FLP returns he'll have reinvented himself.  I can remember him posting when he wrote in the first person and gave lots of detail.  Then one day he started speaking in the third person, liking his own posts, and being very terse and blunt. And it got a lot of attention.  So he (? I do think he referred to himself in male specific terms at times) kept doing it.  I do think it was a persona and he is not at all like that in real life.  I bet he's the type of hospitalist I would like to have if I or one of my family members was in the hospital.  It gets hard/boring to keep up one persona for too long if that's not who you really are.

Comment

On my other forum ( not Facebook) we call the goodbye cruel forum post a "hair flip". It's clearly a very different place from here!

Comment

On my other forum ( not Facebook) we call the goodbye cruel forum post a “hair flip”. It’s clearly a very different place from here!

From experience on other forums, the dramatic "this is my last post ever here" exit usually meant that you would not hear from the person for a day or two. The people who truly intended to leave, angry or otherwise, never threatened. They just stopped posting.

Comment

My guess is when FLP returns he’ll have reinvented himself.  I can remember him posting when he wrote in the first person and gave lots of detail.  Then one day he started speaking in the third person, liking his own posts, and being very terse and blunt. And it got a lot of attention.  So he (? I do think he referred to himself in male specific terms at times) kept doing it.  I do think it was a persona and he is not at all like that in real life.  I bet he’s the type of hospitalist I would like to have if I or one of my family members was in the hospital.  It gets hard/boring to keep up one persona for too long if that’s not who you really are.

Maybe he'll channel Stephen Colbert from Daily News on the next iteration -- miss that guy despite being a fiscal conservative.

Comment

From experience on other forums, the dramatic “this is my last post ever here” exit usually meant that you would not hear from the person for a day or two. The people who truly intended to leave, angry or otherwise, never threatened. They just stopped posting.

I agree. It's usually just another attention-seeking post.

Comment

FLP retreated to his million dollar house to type up some more posts about how frugal he is.

Comment

WE WANT CRIXUS BACK

Added some spice to the bland mix of which loan do i payoff first, should i max out my 401k, how do i get out of my whole life policy posts we get here 24/7.

Comment

On my other forum ( not Facebook) we call the goodbye cruel forum post a “hair flip”. It’s clearly a very different place from here!

What's your other forum?

Comment

Crixus was banned for posting links without explanation, kept doing it.

We could request a reinstatement with the goal of convincing him to put 10% in equities. If we all kept at it he might come to partial sanity or leave.

Crixus was a nice counterweight to all the 100%+ equity and loving it folks who have never invested through a bad bear market.

FLP was a nice counterweight to polite no-feelings-hurt advice.

Comment

I miss FLP. I hope he comes back. Fake Rolex and all.

Comment

WE WANT CRIXUS BACK

Added some spice to the bland mix of which loan do i payoff first, should i max out my 401k, how do i get out of my whole life policy posts we get here 24/7.

Be careful what you wish for. Kind of like the game/movie Candyman...it seems like fun and games until he shows up and kills you with his hook-for-a-hand.

Comment

I hope flp is an internet persona. I really hope that there is not some hospitalist out there referring to himself in the third person and giving himself thumbs up.
                              Either way I found him amusing and await his return.

Comment

Crixus was banned for posting links without explanation, kept doing it.

We could request a reinstatement with the goal of convincing him to put 10% in equities. If we all kept at it he might come to partial sanity or leave.

Crixus was a nice counterweight to all the 100%+ equity and loving it folks who have never invested through a bad bear market.

FLP was a nice counterweight to polite no-feelings-hurt advice.

Crixus had some short term bans for that, but that wasn't the final one. The final one was for sock puppeting, a one strike out around here.
                                Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X