Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUGE sell off today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peds
    replied
    And done

    Leave a comment:


  • CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

    I own $626K DXQLX out of a current $2.7M tax-advantaged retirement account portfolio, just different accounts. I also own another $100K of INPIX, another significant long term 30% annualized performer. As you know, the lion share of my other fund holdings have handily outperformed indexing as well. Of course my index fund holding hasn't, but that holding is indeed <7% of my portfolio and shrinking. With 20 years to go until retirement and at my returns, you won't believe (again) what the account is extrapolated to approximate, but some will get it for sure. Not good to ignore the hard numbers in the investment world, lets your politics get in the way of your returns.

    And no one here has been able to show me a mutual fund with a better 10-year annualized return track record. That challenge is still on. How did I know in 2014? Horoscopes?

    I don't mind people not believing my holding returns, some will never believe what's achievable. They won't feel bad not knowing the returns they're missing out on. Index away!
    With 30% annualized returns it’s kind of embarrassing you only have $2.7M in those accounts. Before you blame it on other funds that haven’t performed as well, why would such a successful person accept anything less than 30% ever year?

    Leave a comment:


  • fatlittlepig
    replied
    Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

    I own $626K DXQLX out of a current $2.7M tax-advantaged retirement account portfolio, just different accounts. I also own another $100K of INPIX, another significant long term 30% annualized performer. As you know, the lion share of my other fund holdings have handily outperformed indexing as well. Of course my index fund holding hasn't, but that holding is indeed <7% of my portfolio and shrinking. With 20 years to go until retirement and at my returns, you won't believe (again) what the account is extrapolated to approximate, but some will get it for sure. Not good to ignore the hard numbers in the investment world, lets your politics get in the way of your returns.

    And no one here has been able to show me a mutual fund with a better 10-year annualized return track record. That challenge is still on. How did I know in 2014? Horoscopes?

    I don't mind people not believing my holding returns, some will never believe what's achievable. They won't feel bad not knowing the returns they're missing out on. Index away!
    No one cares

    Leave a comment:


  • jacoavlu
    replied
    Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post
    With 20 years to go until retirement and at my returns
    certainly you don't believe your leveraged nasdaq fund will continue to compound as in this bull run do you? Downward moves are accelerated by leverage same as upward. Hope you have a plan for what's next, let us know when you sell.

    Leave a comment:


  • EntrepreneurMD
    replied
    Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

    I can confirm the 2014 dxqlx tax lot and a few small interval purchases. Unfortunately for EntrepreneurMD the dxqlx holding is only a minority position less than 10%, meaning super gains above a lowly 500 index are only low 6 figures. Doesn't move the needle much, barely pays for the Ferrari.
    I own $626K DXQLX out of a current $2.7M tax-advantaged retirement account portfolio, just different accounts. I also own another $100K of INPIX, another significant long term 30% annualized performer. As you know, the lion share of my other fund holdings have handily outperformed indexing as well. Of course my index fund holding hasn't, but that holding is indeed <7% of my portfolio and shrinking. With 20 years to go until retirement and at my returns, you won't believe (again) what the account is extrapolated to approximate, but some will get it for sure. Not good to ignore the hard numbers in the investment world, lets your politics get in the way of your returns.

    And no one here has been able to show me a mutual fund with a better 10-year annualized return track record. That challenge is still on. How did I know in 2014? Horoscopes?

    I don't mind people not believing my holding returns, some will never believe what's achievable. They won't feel bad not knowing the returns they're missing out on. Index away!

    Leave a comment:


  • fatlittlepig
    replied
    you really got to be desperate for validation to send personal financial documents to a forum moderator to prove you have owned certain assets or funds. weird stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • jacoavlu
    replied
    Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

    Oh ye of little faith. Already sent to jacoavlu. He can confirm the 2014 DXQLX lot if he wishes.

    ...or I'm really a 19 year old with no money to my name. Ha! I'm in disbelief too. What a run.
    I can confirm the 2014 dxqlx tax lot and a few small interval purchases. Unfortunately for EntrepreneurMD the dxqlx holding is only a minority position less than 10%, meaning super gains above a lowly 500 index are only low 6 figures. Doesn't move the needle much, barely pays for the Ferrari.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

    Oh ye of little faith. Already sent to jacoavlu. He can confirm the 2014 DXQLX lot if he wishes.

    ...or I'm really a 19 year old with no money to my name. Ha! I'm in disbelief too. What a run.
    So the 2014 portfolio is available too? I guess you can ask him to post everything. That is simply your choice. It would be fun to see everything. I trust you. Feel free to trust too. How about log in access. I promise not to change a thing. It would be alot easier than copy and paste. Congratulations. On whatever you did or didn't do.

    Leave a comment:


  • EntrepreneurMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Screenshot of the tax lot?
    That is how I would look up 2014. Just in case.
    Not a request. I have a hard time getting a screenshot of my 2014 portfolio at 2014. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Thanks.
    Oh ye of little faith. Already sent to jacoavlu. He can confirm the 2014 DXQLX lot if he wishes.

    ...or I'm really a 19 year old with no money to my name. Ha! I'm in disbelief too. What a run.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post
    Wrong. 2014.
    Screenshot of the tax lot?
    That is how I would look up 2014. Just in case.
    Not a request. I have a hard time getting a screenshot of my 2014 portfolio at 2014. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • EntrepreneurMD
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

    Let me guess, you bought on August 3? Isn't that what you typically do, buy funds but then pretend like you've held them for much longer than you have?
    Wrong. 2014.

    Leave a comment:


  • CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post
    S&P vs. Nasdaq 100 (2X)

    DXQLX August 5, 2019: 23.17
    DXQLX August 4, 2020: 48.57

    Nasdaq 30 record closes YTD!

    Carnage presents opportunity. One should buy on market carnage, not sell, you know with that coveted dry gunpowder. Actually I bought gold (not around the neck or wrist), first time ever for me! There indeed has been good reason as of late. Poised to rise further on weakening dollar and stimulus bet.
    Let me guess, you bought on August 3? Isn't that what you typically do, buy funds but then pretend like you've held them for much longer than you have?

    Leave a comment:


  • TheDangerZone
    replied
    Nice try. When you were asked recently when and in to what you deployed this apparent dry gunpowder
    during the recent downturn you came back with nothing but smoke and mirrors.

    Let’s also not forget the posts in real-time late March where you continued to state we hadn’t seen the lows and that the DOW was going to 15k. That you were paying off debts and only fools would continue to put money in to equities (we are currently looking back at 30-40% total market returns on investments in March and April). Also that your gunpowder was to be deployed for a young bull, not market carnage as you now claim.

    Not so easy to figure all that out in real time, I suppose?

    PS buying gold? I am starting to think much of your “research” consists of justifying the latest trend recency bias is propping up.

    Your own words below:

    https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/fo...494#post196494

    https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/fo...878#post195878

    https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/fo...134#post194134

    Leave a comment:


  • EntrepreneurMD
    replied
    S&P vs. Nasdaq 100 (2X)

    DXQLX August 5, 2019: 23.17
    DXQLX August 4, 2020: 48.57

    Nasdaq 30 record closes YTD!

    Carnage presents opportunity. One should buy on market carnage, not sell, you know with that coveted dry gunpowder. Actually I bought gold (not around the neck or wrist), first time ever for me! There indeed has been good reason as of late. Poised to rise further on weakening dollar and stimulus bet.

    Leave a comment:


  • G
    replied
    Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

    setting the next memo for 12 mos or 6 mos?
    no memo, but if I were setting a date, it would be 4 Nov.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X