No announcement yet.

Charleston, SC - My Screw It experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for this post. My outlook on life has changed over the last few years to really focus on precious moments such as these, but I also need a reminder every now and then - so thank you.  We also have an upcoming family trip that I'm really looking forward to.  Just having all the family under one roof for a few days is special enough.

"...but we will have something better that won’t rust, or be outgrown,..."

Love that line.  Enjoy!

Comment

Thank you for this post. My outlook on life has changed over the last few years to really focus on precious moments such as these, but I also need a reminder every now and then – so thank you.  We also have an upcoming family trip that I’m really looking forward to.  Just having all the family under one roof for a few days is special enough.

“…but we will have something better that won’t rust, or be outgrown,…”

Love that line.  Enjoy!

Thank you so much, that meant a lot. Yes, having everyone together here - even when I’m just being the fly on the wall and watching the kids interact - is an incredible experience. Have a wonderful time with yours!
      Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

In case anyone is interested….

My 12 year old is going on his trip with Nana this year. Nana takes each grandchild on their very own special trip at the age of 12. Why 12? They are old enough to get themselves ready, packed, etc. but not too old that Nana is not cool anymore. My older son spent a week sailing in the San Juan Islands on a 110 foot sail boat and my daughter spent a week in Seattle learning to blow glass and take in the art/restaurant scene. My youngest, who leaves in 2 weeks, will go to Chicago, participate in a cooking camp, explore Chicago, and go to Alinea for dinner one night.

https://www.alinearestaurant.com

https://chicago.eater.com/2016/5/5/11599500/grant-achatz-chefs-table-netflix-video-clip

He is an avid chef and I now pay him to make dinners (this week he made curry chicken with carrots, broccoli, and baby corn with steamed rice; Quiche; Twice baked sweet potatoes (spiced with cumin and chayenne pepper) with barbecued chicken)… since he loves it and is only 12… he makes $5-10/meal (you going to report me to CPS for child-labor violation?).

I am watching an old run of Chopped Teen Tournament right now and thinking of you and your 12-y.o.!
        Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

we are thinking about the boat trip to Ft. Sumter

I love history and every time I visit Charleston I visit Ft. Moultrie, and often Ft. Sumter.

Comment

In case anyone is interested….

My 12 year old is going on his trip with Nana this year. Nana takes each grandchild on their very own special trip at the age of 12. Why 12? They are old enough to get themselves ready, packed, etc. but not too old that Nana is not cool anymore. My older son spent a week sailing in the San Juan Islands on a 110 foot sail boat and my daughter spent a week in Seattle learning to blow glass and take in the art/restaurant scene. My youngest, who leaves in 2 weeks, will go to Chicago, participate in a cooking camp, explore Chicago, and go to Alinea for dinner one night.

https://www.alinearestaurant.com

https://chicago.eater.com/2016/5/5/11599500/grant-achatz-chefs-table-netflix-video-clip

He is an avid chef and I now pay him to make dinners (this week he made curry chicken with carrots, broccoli, and baby corn with steamed rice; Quiche; Twice baked sweet potatoes (spiced with cumin and chayenne pepper) with barbecued chicken)… since he loves it and is only 12… he makes $5-10/meal (you going to report me to CPS for child-labor violation?).
            Click to expand…

I am watching an old run of Chopped Teen Tournament right now and thinking of you and your 12-y.o.!

He LOVES to do Chopped at home with his siblings... I get to be the judge! Yay me!

Comment

SLC OB,

That is one of the best young entrepreneur family type jobs I’ve ever heard of! Great ingenuity of thinking of a fantastic part time job for your son and as a bonus, you get get great meals!

Comment

AWESOMENESS!

Comment

Working...
                X