Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can all agree this is fabulous news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...id=hp_dontmiss

Airlines don't have to transport them any more! This is a return to sanity.

Comment

Isn't this just changing the name from emotional support animal to psychiatric service animal?

Different rules. Different letters. Same nonsense.

Maybe no horses so I guess that is a win.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Only dogs. No peacocks. Have to have specific training, at least per this article. My hope is licensing is soon to follow.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other...es/ar-BB1bBlSN

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
          Maybe no horses so I guess that is a win.
          ​​​​​​
          Ironically mini horses are the only other animals currently used as true service animals (they can be trained to lead the blind and are useful for people with dog allergies, plus they have a much longer working life than dogs do).

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post

Ironically mini horses are the only other animals currently used as true service animals (they can be trained to lead the blind and are useful for people with dog allergies, plus they have a much longer working life than dogs do).
            Fine. No peacocks

Comment

plus they make for funny tweets https://twitter.com/ecnowak/status/1...164904960?s=21

Comment

Monkeys for quadriplegia?

Comment

Pretty sure miniature horses won't fit in the leg area on a plane.

Also LOL at the 2 animal maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant View Post
                    Monkeys for quadriplegia?
                    Not recognized as legit support animals yet. Maybe someday.

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post

Pretty sure miniature horses won't fit in the leg area on a plane.
                      Believe it or not, they can! They're about the size of a large dog, and I've seen several pictures of them flying (generally in the bulkhead row). But they're sufficiently uncommon that I can see why they've been omitted from the list of service animals that can travel on a commercial plane.

Comment

Resuscitating to say I got called an A hole today because I wouldn't write an ESA letter. Great parenting.

Comment

I've also been receiving terrible looks when I'm out in public with my emotional support bat. This didn't happen before 2020 for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
                            I've also been receiving terrible looks when I'm out in public with my emotional support bat. This didn't happen before 2020 for some reason.
                            What a weird coincidence, before 2020 I never got a second look with my emotional support pangolin, now I get a lot of snide comments and nasty looks. I really don’t get it…

Comment

I was asked to give a letter for ESA to avoid an apartment surcharge on rental. I told them to discuss with their PCP or psychiatrist. Once I go down that rabbit hole, there is no escaping.

Comment

Heard this on Wait, Wait....

Universities are now getting request for pets as ESA .... but the twist is that this request for pet is to be an an emotionally support animal for the other pet they already have. The first pet gets lonely while the student is at class, and needs its own ESA.

Only in Universities here can such things occur. It may not be a dorm any more, but more a zoo.

Comment

Working...
                                X