This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay In Your Lane - This Is My Lane !

Fightin’ words: ER doctors vs. NRA in nasty fight over gun violence - HoustonChronicle.com

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Fightin-words-ER-doctors-vs-NRA-in-nasty-13387403.php

This is Our Lane: An Open Letter to the NRA from American Healthcare Professionals

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvoihymid_4yqJoZvPr9JToMmVWauKqOvqGF9IVzPL VdusRA/viewform

I read one comment that made me think.
    “To be clear: We are not anti-gun. We are anti-bullet hole,” the doctors’ open letter to the NRA said.
    Sounds like a reasonable position.
    No coverage or mention of common sense solutions in article, letter, and Twitter. How are we ever going to have productive discussions using hashtags?

Public service announcement.

I feel that threads and discussions on guns never end well.

Comment

Nothing seems to end well lately. Everything is so politicized and polarized that if you try to have a balanced or nuanced position, people cant even hear it, you're immediately shoved into a political box and the 'conversation' veers off into all your other bad ideas that go with your label. Feels fruitless, but thats bad too I guess, dialogue is needed on things.

Comment

I agree that we need thoughtful conversation that includes ambiguities and complexity. When many smart people disagree on a topic, it is usually NOT because some people are amoral - it’s because the topic is complex.

I do think gun violence is in our lane, and I would like solid data to help understand root causes and solutions.

Comment

Gun control? Sorry, that one is going to generate more heat than light. Thread closed.
          Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
          X