Tax Deduction for Home Security System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Deduction for Home Security System

I have two offices in my home for two different 1099 jobs. Can I deduct all or a percentage of my home security system costs? Is it based on percent of square footage of my offices?

I'm impressed that you have two different dedicated offices in your home for your 1099 jobs.

Comment

The IRS auditor is saying the same thing! ?

Comment

I’m impressed that you have two different dedicated offices in your home for your 1099 jobs.

I have two separate workstations/computers for two different businesses. One for Telemedicine, the other for a side gig. I keep the offices separate for obvious reasons.

Comment

I’m impressed that you have two different dedicated offices in your home for your 1099 jobs.
          Click to expand…

I have two separate workstations/computers for two different businesses. One for Telemedicine, the other for a side gig. I keep the offices separate for obvious reasons.

If this is how you are set up, you could probably benefit from speaking with a CPA. To me, how you described it may pique the interest of an auditor.

I'm not an accountant and it's been awhile since I've stayed in a Motel 6 but IRS Pub 587 explains the security system on page 7: IRS Pub 587

Comment

Working...
          X