Conservation Easement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conservation Easement

Does anyone have experience with conservation easements. There are very few ways left for me to reduce my federal tax liability and this seems like a reasonable (albeit not without risk). If you have done it before, any particular groups you have used in the past?

Thanks

I tried with the Nature Conservancy but they weren't interested in the 1 acre that I wanted to donate.  Their chapter in my state has a nice presentation.

I guess it makes sense that it isn't worth the hassle for them to take such a small plot.  On the other hand, if someone wanted to give me free land....

Comment

Does anyone have experience with conservation easements. There are very few ways left for me to reduce my federal tax liability and this seems like a reasonable (albeit not without risk). If you have done it before, any particular groups you have used in the past?

Thanks

Like  G, We have used Nature Conservancy. Nice folks, easy to deal with.
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Does anyone have good resources for pro/cons for conservation easement from the perspective of a private landowner? The "family farm" is co-owned by MIL and her siblings, and this has been brought up as a possibility.

Comment

Working...
        X