No announcement yet.

State taxes - how does yours stack up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State taxes - how does yours stack up?

The Tax Foundation just released its 75th annual report, "Facts & Figures: How Does Your State Compare?" Click on the pdf download, much easier to follow than the Excel version.

Interesting stuff for you number-crunchers or residents deciding where to locate.
    Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

fascinating!

Comment

Page not found for me

Comment

Sorry, the link expired. Go here and click on the pdf download. I'll edit my post and thanks for the head's up.
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

I was choosing between residency programs along the west coast when constructing my ranklist, and it is interesting how high on the list Oregon is (ranked 10th). California (4th) certainly has a high tax reputation but I hadn't known Oregon was almost as bad.

Comment

Yes, but it's a beautiful state. Also right next door to no-income-tax WA.

Comment

Duplicate post deleted

Comment

I'll be honest, this played a huge roll into where I moved after residency!  We looked almost exclusively at 0 state income tax states, also high income and low cost of living. I'm from the midwest and trained in the midwest, so moving to South Dakota was a great option for me.  I live in the largest city in the state, with easy access to airports and interstates to have me anywhere I want in quick time.  We plan to pay off all my loans here, then it won't matter (as much) where we live or what the tax rate is.

Comment

Working...
                X