No announcement yet.

Home office deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my practice we rotate weeks of being on call from home which requires you to remotely log in into the EMR and such. I also have a room that I never use except for this work. Can I also deduct that room as office space since I am essentially taking call from home and making myself available? Also, the computer is mine and needs an upgrade. Can I deduct the cost of a new computer and internet bill as well?

Comment

Are you offering or are you already booked out? If so message me rates as I am curious.

I've messaged you.
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

For my practice we rotate weeks of being on call from home which requires you to remotely log in into the EMR and such. I also have a room that I never use except for this work. Can I also deduct that room as office space since I am essentially taking call from home and making myself available? Also, the computer is mine and needs an upgrade. Can I deduct the cost of a new computer and internet bill as well?

Not enough information to know, but I think probably not.
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

@I Find this Humerus You might be able to deduct your home office. It depends if you are a W2 employee or independent contractor.

If you are a W2 employee, you working at home has to be for the convenience of your employer and you have to spend more than half of your time there.

Comment

Working...
          X