2021 tax return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 tax return

Anyone done yet? I was by this time last year but I am still waiting on my vanguard 1099div

My friend got his Vanguard 1099 in January? I’ll probably be waiting for K1’s until April. I started working with TurboTax last night and learned that they don’t even support my return, so I guess I’ll go back to Free File Fillable Forms and cross my fingers.

Comment

Waiting for Schwab to let Turbotax autofill my 1099s...

Comment

Turbo tax isn't letting me file because it says that the schedule h-t household employment taxes won't be ready to file until 3/17/22. We employ a nanny.

Comment

Are you sure your Vanguard 1099 isn’t done? Go to the website and check out the Tax Forms section. You can download from there.

Comment

I learned something today. The year Vanguard converts you from the mutual fund to brokerage format you will get two 1099s for the same account. One for the fund, and another for the brokerage. You need to report both.

Comment

I am still waiting on Vanguard. I checked earlier and it should be ready next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
                I am still waiting on Vanguard. I checked earlier and it should be ready next week.
                This is interesting. I’ve had my Vanguard 1099 DIVs for two weeks, and my 1099r’s for a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post
                  My friend got his Vanguard 1099 in January? I’ll probably be waiting for K1’s until April. I started working with TurboTax last night and learned that they don’t even support my return, so I guess I’ll go back to Free File Fillable Forms and cross my fingers.
                  What about your return takes it outside TT support?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Ragman View Post

This is interesting. I’ve had my Vanguard 1099 DIVs for two weeks, and my 1099r’s for a week or so.
                    Mine came at the end of January. Wonder why some people’s are getting held up? Maybe more difficult. My taxable accounts are still pretty small.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Ragman View Post

What about your return takes it outside TT support?
                      Deferral of LTCG for QOZ investment

Comment

Originally posted by mamaham View Post

Mine came at the end of January. Wonder why some people’s are getting held up? Maybe more difficult. My taxable accounts are still pretty small.
                        Maybe, but these are all computerized and tracked daily. Could simply be volume, but I thought Vanguard committed to providing them by 31 Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post

Deferral of LTCG for QOZ investment
                          Thanks. Too bad if only because the tax software otherwise pulls through a lot of information year over year.

Comment

I think the mutual funds are done in January. I had seven 1099-divs (yeah, I know), all in by 2/13. I thought 2/15 was the regulatory deadline. Merrill edge was by far the fastest at 1/27 and is the first broker I recommend to most people. I’m not sure how Vanguard gets away with not having their 1099’s done by 2/15 like everyone else.

Comment

I've got most of the forms I need, so I'll sit down this weekend and start organizing my material for my accountant. But I have not yet received the PIN number my accountant will need to file my Federal tax return, so it's going to be a while before taxes are over for the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X