accountant for personal taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accountant for personal taxes?

Can anyone recommend an accountant to do my personal taxes?  I'm a physician in private practice. I file a K1 and W2, and my wife files a W2.  I work in NJ and live in NYC and therefore file taxes in both states.

I'd like someone who is familiar with the backdoor roth.

Thanks in advance!

Here are a few recommendations:

1. Harry Wigler, CPA/PFS. (516) 677-6211 or [email protected]

2. Joseph Matheson, MBA, CPA, ABV, CVA, PFS, CFF, CFE. (973) 428-8885 x241 or [email protected]

3. Howard Kaplan-Newman, MBA, CPA. (212) 327.2103 or [email protected]
    Lawrence B. Keller, CFP, CLU, ChFC, RHU, LUTCF
    www.physicianfinancialservices.com

Comment

how important is it for your accountant to practice in the same state as you?

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations, Lawrence.

PNW -  I'd like to find someone in NY or NJ.

Comment

Oh, I meant that just as a general question bc I'll be needing an accountant in the future as well and wasn't sure how important it was for them to be in the same state.

Comment

If you are an individual and you are working as an independent contractor or W2 employee, I don't think your CPA needs to be local unless you prefer face-to-face meetings. If you have a practice with employees, payroll and corporate entity, you would probably best be served by a local CPA that specializes in working with physicians and can meet with you at your practice and make suggestions to you on an ongoing basis in terms of how to run your business.
            Lawrence B. Keller, CFP, CLU, ChFC, RHU, LUTCF
            www.physicianfinancialservices.com

Comment

Thanks Larry. Any recs for CPAs in the Seattle area?

Comment

I like a face on the CPA. Personal preference. Anecdotal, most do as well.

I suppose people like telemedicine.

To each their own.

Comment

2. Joseph Matheson, MBA, CPA, ABV, CVA, PFS, CFF, CFE. (973) 428-8885 x241 or [email protected]

I have used both Joe Matheson and Harry Wigler in the past.  I recommend Joe; I do not recommend Harry.  The third fellow, I do not know.

Comment

Remember it is required to disclose your financial conflicts of interest. For example, the fact that Mr. Wigler is one of your business associates.

Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
                    X