Have You Gotten Your Refund Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Gotten Your Refund Yet?

We e-filed our taxes the first week the first week of March, was accepted within 24 hrs, and haven't heard anything since then. I checked the IRS website, which still only says that my return has been received (see attached). IRS states "90% of Americans will get their refund within 21 days" but I'm at 30 days and counting with what appears to be no movement. Anyone else having to deal with a delayed refund?
    Attached Files

I got my federal in 2 weeks and state in 3

Comment

nope. submitted march 6. refund received march 15.

Comment

That's what happens when you're a 10%er.

Comment

We applied our refund to estimated taxes for the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2021, so no refund expected here. But distributions in those quarters will be 100% mine, no tax to pay, so I will take it.

Comment

No refund yet. Submitted same time as you.

Comment

E-filed with H&R Block on 3/6, accepted same day. Refund deposited 10 days (6 working days) later on 3/16.

Comment

No refund yet with same status as you on IRS website. Submitted end of February.

Comment

What’s a refund?

Comment

did you guys use the IRS pin?

Comment

Just to add an update, called the IRS after 6 weeks of no refund, was told to wait 10 weeks. It's now been 10+ weeks, called back and was told my return had been passed to the Errors Department but that the department has not actually requested any information to fix the "error."

I was part of that TurboTax/backdoor Roth SNAFU where my initial return was rejected because of some TurboTax bug. I wonder if that put my resubmitted return into the "errors" pile where it has since rotted away?

Comment

Originally posted by Gas_Doc View Post
                        Just to add an update, called the IRS after 6 weeks of no refund, was told to wait 10 weeks. It's now been 10+ weeks, called back and was told my return had been passed to the Errors Department but that the department has not actually requested any information to fix the "error."

I was part of that TurboTax/backdoor Roth SNAFU where my initial return was rejected because of some TurboTax bug. I wonder if that put my resubmitted return into the "errors" pile where it has since rotted away?
                        The error message caused a rejection of the return. All of those were not accepted. That required a re submission. Your error is different. Just saying that is my speculation. My daughter's re submission after the rejection was processed and the refund received timely.

Comment

Originally posted by HikingDO View Post
                          What’s a refund?
                          Any "refund" will be applied to 2021 estimated taxes.

Comment

I submitted april 14. Received fed in a couple weeks but no state yet.

Comment

Yes. We have our CPA e-file but we get ours by paper check in the mail. I won't give IRS our bank account info to get ACH payments as they are hacked too many times and I fear a cyber criminal getting our account info. I had my SSN stolen from the IRS about 7 yrs back and a false return was placed in my name so we now have to file under a PIN issued every yr.

Comment

Working...
                              X