Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed 2020 taxes early, no refund or stim yet (resident)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed 2020 taxes early, no refund or stim yet (resident)

Filed my taxes mucho early (January) and still have a pending refund status. Further, I haven't received this stim payment everyones talking about. Not receiving this money won't break the bank as a resident, but would be nice to have some extra cash that I'm entitled to (refund mostly). I know I don't owe tax. I filed from the state I'm working in (but leglly have residence in is in another)- would that have an issue?

Did you get the previous stimulus payments via direct deposit?

Comment

Resident filed ~2 weeks ago. Got my refund, but haven't gotten the stim money yet.

Comment

Should You Call the IRS?

Expect delays if you mailed a paper return or had to respond to an IRS inquiry about your e-filed return. You should only call if it has been:
        • 21 days or more since you e-filed
        • "Where's My Refund" tells you to contact the IRS
        It has been more than 21 days. Good luck.
        Individuals
        800-829-1040
        7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time

Comment

Originally posted by oocyte_ View Post
          Filed my taxes mucho early (January) and still have a pending refund status. Further, I haven't received this stim payment everyones talking about. Not receiving this money won't break the bank as a resident, but would be nice to have some extra cash that I'm entitled to (refund mostly). I know I don't owe tax. I filed from the state I'm working in (but leglly have residence in is in another)- would that have an issue?
          well IRS started processing on Feb 12. i got my refund after a week.
          so something is wrong.

Comment

Something is most definitely wrong. I'm worried in all my time spent on WCI I haven't even filed my taxes correctly. I technically live and work in one state but claim residency in another where I do not work. Should I have filed taxes for my state of residence? I received my state's tax refund.

Comment

How did your call to the IRS go?
              I would assume you looked at your state filing requirements. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by oocyte_ View Post
                Something is most definitely wrong. I'm worried in all my time spent on WCI I haven't even filed my taxes correctly. I technically live and work in one state but claim residency in another where I do not work. Should I have filed taxes for my state of residence? I received my state's tax refund.
                You are in good company...go to any mainstream news website and you'll likely find multiple articles that refer to serious backlogs and delayed refunds.

Comment

Working...
                X