IRS says i did not file taxes for 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS says i did not file taxes for 2019

I just got a letter in the mail saying the IRS did not get my completed tax returns for 2019. They sent form 1040 and that if i completed my taxes already I need to reprint my entire 2019 tax return and fax it to them

I submitted my tax return last year in august after requesting an extension. I have the email from turbotax saying it was successfully accepted and i have the PDF version of my 2019 taxes. Do I just print out the PDF and fax it over to the fax number they provided? This is the first time this has happened to me but it seems strange that they dont have a record of it.

Thanks

you sure its the IRS? ie did you call turbotax or a number from the IRS website to confirm, and not the number on the form you got? I sense a phishing /scam attempt

Comment

agree with Billy to r/o scam. you can go to the IRS website and check your transcript as well. it is kind of a pain, but the transcript is official record.

Comment

agree call TT and then IRS.

Comment

Please also send your mother's maiden name and credit card number to pay the late fee.

Comment

yea, I came to you guys first but yes, I will contact them now . thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bdoc View Post
              I just got a letter in the mail saying the IRS did not get my completed tax returns for 2019. They sent form 1040 and that if i completed my taxes already I need to reprint my entire 2019 tax return and fax it to them

I submitted my tax return last year in august after requesting an extension. I have the email from turbotax saying it was successfully accepted and i have the PDF version of my 2019 taxes. Do I just print out the PDF and fax it over to the fax number they provided? This is the first time this has happened to me but it seems strange that they dont have a record of it.

Thanks
              DONT DO ANYTHING!!!

now thats out of the way do the other things ppl already said.

Comment

Just closing the loop and thx for your responses. So i called the IRS and they said they do have a record of my tax return and they sent the mail by mistake. But they need me to go in person to verify it was me who sent it in. I need to go to their office with the physical tax form and my drivers license to prove it. WTF? i hate the IRS

Comment

Uh on what basis can they require this? I think I would just fax that number a letter saying you confirmed by telephone number xxx on date yyy that you did receive my tax return please piss off.

Comment

I...,just.....what.....no......

Comment

On the original letter, how did they want you to respond?
                      You need to respond in writing. The IRS is notorious for disallowing telephone conversations. If is a fax, that is unusual. Mail is the normal process. Suit your self, but I think your phone call is insufficient. Take the notice and write on it that the IRS confirmed they received the tax return. You consider this closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdoc View Post
                        Just closing the loop and thx for your responses. So i called the IRS and they said they do have a record of my tax return and they sent the mail by mistake. But they need me to go in person to verify it was me who sent it in. I need to go to their office with the physical tax form and my drivers license to prove it. WTF? i hate the IRS
                        This makes no sense. Call again and see what the next person says. I don’t think that one understood the issue. (Response shaded by the thought that I have no idea how you got through to an intelligent sign of life in the IRS since the pandemic, especially in tax season.)
                        Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
                        X