No announcement yet.

How do you do your taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By computer using IRS fill-in pdfs, and with my excel spreadsheet to check my math. More clear to me than turbo tax etc I've used in past. Though wish all the 'worksheets' were also fill-ins. Hard to do those without a pencil and print out of the page.

Comment

DIY by computer using IRS fill in pdfs and excel spreadsheet to check math.

I scan all W-2's, 1099's, property tax documents, charitable contributions, etc and save them as pdfs too

I print off the worksheets, hand write on them (because as jenn mentioned they are not fill-ins), and scan them again to save them

I have done things this way for years and can review old filings this way which is nice

Although my situation is pretty simple (wife and I are both W-2 employees) it usually takes me about 6-8 hours to do state and federal taxes. I go pretty slow though and double check my work a lot.

Comment

By computer using IRS fill-in pdfs, and with my excel spreadsheet to check my math. More clear to me than turbo tax etc I’ve used in past. Though wish all the ‘worksheets’ were also fill-ins. Hard to do those without a pencil and print out of the page.

This is probably a foolish question, but how do you turn the pdfs in? Do you mail them? I'd honestly prefer going through all the IRS worksheets than use TaxAct again since I use them to double check anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X