X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lordosis
    replied
    The trouble with us saying I do not care how much they tax people making over 1 or 2 million is that there are many, many more people saying they do not care how much they tax people making over 100-200K.

NY just like most big government has a spending problem. Giving it more money will not address the problem. It will probably make it worse.

Leave a comment:

• Nysoz
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Sure. He said he's going to repeal the Trump tax cuts in pretty much every debate he's done for this cycle. Here's the old tax brackets for reference.

Click image for larger version Name:	Tax Rates.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	251933

Do you think they're going to pay for everything by only taxing the evil rich? We all know it isn't important what they say, it's what they do. We shall see.
    https://taxfoundation.org/joe-biden-tax-plan-2020/

According to this, "Repeal the TCJA components for high-income filers". I do agree it'll be all smoke until we actually see things done

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

Do you have a source for the new president saying that middle class taxes are going up?
    Sure. He said he's going to repeal the Trump tax cuts in pretty much every debate he's done for this cycle. Here's the old tax brackets for reference.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tax Rates.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.4 KB ID:	251933

Do you think they're going to pay for everything by only taxing the evil rich? We all know it isn't important what they say, it's what they do. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• Nysoz
    replied

That's typically my biggest complaint. They won't stop the increase in spending and debt. I don't have their pension obligations off hand but my guess is that they're massive and they're only going to get bigger. I don't live in New York and never will so this will never affect me, however, it's not just millionaires that are going to be hit on the state and federal level. You've already been told by the new president that middle class taxes are going up.

I'm completely on board with simplifying the tax code.
    Do you have a source for the new president saying that middle class taxes are going up?

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied

Same thing with 'living wage'. It's always going to be a number that is more than the current number regardless of what that current number is.
    This “living wage”is killing me.

One shared opinion between employers and employees.It’s amazing shared points of agreement make life so easy. Are we good?

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    14.7% is misleading. One poster last year described how they actually pay a 117% marginal rate in NY. Look up "tax benefit recapture." Not sure why anyone would live in New York at that income, let alone do honest work.

Leave a comment:

• JBME
    replied
    Originally posted by Peds View Post
    i mean, its on single 1.1MM or married 2.2MM.....

im not shedding a tear.
    I didn't see this in the story, but if it's true, it hardly even affects the people on this board. It's like the top half percent of the one percent

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by FunkDoc83 View Post

Cord, run for office and I'll donate to your campaign or PAC.
    I'd never win. I have much better language on the forum than I do in real life.

Leave a comment:

• FunkDoc83
    replied

That's typically my biggest complaint. They won't stop the increase in spending and debt. I don't have their pension obligations off hand but my guess is that they're massive and they're only going to get bigger. I don't live in New York and never will so this will never affect me, however, it's not just millionaires that are going to be hit on the state and federal level. You've already been told by the new president that middle class taxes are going up.

Cord, run for office and I'll donate to your campaign or PAC.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by ENT Doc View Post

I've never heard someone using the term "fair share" actually peg down a number that they are willing to stick to. Moving the goal posts...
    Same thing with 'living wage'. It's always going to be a number that is more than the current number regardless of what that current number is.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by Dusn View Post

if they don’t stop the massive increase in debt then it will not stop there. The debt needs to be paid down at some point by someone. And no, I don’t think there’s a magic way to massively decrease government spending and at the same time stop businesses from going under, deal with covid, and save ourselves from a recession all at the same time. So I am for increasing taxes on incomes over a million.

More importantly they need to close tax loopholes and simplify the tax code on a federal level but I’m not sure how much that applies to state taxes

Leave a comment:

• ENT Doc
    replied
    Everyone needs to pay their fair share. But who determines what is fair? Sounds like more people will be leaving NYC.
    I've never heard someone using the term "fair share" actually peg down a number that they are willing to stick to. Moving the goal posts...

Leave a comment:

• ENT Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Dusn View Post
    But those income are like lower middle class in Manhattan.

J/k. I’m glad he’s talking about ways to fix the debt. The ibankers will survive.
    He could easily fix the debt by addressing the spending problems they have. But keep taxing away and see how quickly people flee.

Leave a comment:

• Peds
    replied
    Everyone needs to pay their fair share. But who determines what is fair? Sounds like more people will be leaving NYC.
    And that's totally fine.

Everyone has their priorities.

Leave a comment:

• FunkDoc83
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X