Looking for tax preparer in St Louis for new attending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for tax preparer in St Louis for new attending

TurboTax has been adequate in the past but this year involves a new partnership, two states, two W-2s, new HSA, new 401k, new Backdoor Roth, student loan - a little overwhelming... Only want tax CPA, not a financial advisor at this time. Thanks!

I used and was happy with Lawrence Saab CPA when he was with a different company, he’s now with Hutson and Gobble, west side of town.

Comment

We use Kelli Lewis at BDO in Clayton. We've worked with her for about 10 years, and she's great.

Comment

DocNextDoor deeppizza Would the 2 CPAs mentioned likely be familiar with less common items (ie MBD Roths?)

Comment

Originally posted by notanotherusername View Post
          DocNextDoor deeppizza Would the 2 CPAs mentioned likely be familiar with less common items (ie MBD Roths?)
          To you andTeemoe: some question suggestions to put on your list for the initial interview: How many backdoor Roths do you help advise clients on? What are the situations? (Really, start with the basics and move up - you may be surprised). Do you recommend solo-k or SEP when a client has a 1099? Or either? What’s the benefit of one over the other? What’s your experience with clients? Do you work with many clients who have 403b’s and how do you treat them when a client has a solo-k? What is the due date to set up a cash balance plan? Do you have many clients with combo plans? How many physician contracts do you read in an average year? What issues do you typically recommend discussing? What is your doctor census compared to total client census? How many team members are really comfortable with these situations and working with typical doctor issues? Who will I be able to contact with questions? How long before I should expect an answer, on average? What is the % of returns you typically file extensions for? (2019 may not be representative fyi).

So many of you guys have no idea how clueless your CPA is when it comes to doctor financial issues. I know because I used to be clueless, too, and b/c we took applications from about 300 CPAs/EAs in 2020 who were similarly clueless. It’s scary and it costs a lot of you either money or time spent educating your CPA or both. Compare it to all of the choices morons like me have when trying to decide which doctor should perform their surgery...except we have no idea how to educate them lol, we’re just relying on online interviews and the integrity of our primary care doctors. Fortunately, you guys know more than some CPAs - they just hide it well.

That said, why the heck do you want to limit your search to your physician vicinity - especially in the time of COVID unless you are 80 and don’t want to allocate your remaining brain cells to learn Zoom? No offense, seriously and respectfully. After all, you are FAR more intelligent than I could ever hope to be - but I just don’t get it.

Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post

To you andTeemoe: some question suggestions to put on your list for the initial interview: How many backdoor Roths do you help advise clients on? What are the situations? (Really, start with the basics and move up - you may be surprised). Do you recommend solo-k or SEP when a client has a 1099? Or either? What’s the benefit of one over the other? What’s your experience with clients? Do you work with many clients who have 403b’s and how do you treat them when a client has a solo-k? What is the due date to set up a cash balance plan? Do you have many clients with combo plans? How many physician contracts do you read in an average year? What issues do you typically recommend discussing? What is your doctor census compared to total client census? How many team members are really comfortable with these situations and working with typical doctor issues? Who will I be able to contact with questions? How long before I should expect an answer, on average? What is the % of returns you typically file extensions for? (2019 may not be representative fyi).

So many of you guys have no idea how clueless your CPA is when it comes to doctor financial issues. I know because I used to be clueless, too, and b/c we took applications from about 300 CPAs/EAs in 2020 who were similarly clueless. It’s scary and it costs a lot of you either money or time spent educating your CPA or both. Compare it to all of the choices morons like me have when trying to decide which doctor should perform their surgery...except we have no idea how to educate them lol, we’re just relying on online interviews and the integrity of our primary care doctors. Fortunately, you guys know more than some CPAs - they just hide it well.

That said, why the heck do you want to limit your search to your physician vicinity - especially in the time of COVID unless you are 80 and don’t want to allocate your remaining brain cells to learn Zoom? No offense, seriously and respectfully. After all, you are FAR more intelligent than I could ever hope to be - but I just don’t get it.

Great recommendations
            CPA I mentioned was appropriate for me at the time and 1000 miles from home.

Comment

Working...
            X