Backdoor Roth IRA on Turbotax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backdoor Roth IRA on Turbotax

No matter what instructions I see online regarding properly filling out 8606 for a backdoor Roth IRA on TurboTax, I can't seem to get it to enter properly. Does anybody have a good set of instructions? Perhaps Jim can add it to his tutorial? This is what my 8606 looked like last year after I filled it out according to one set of instructions. What are the tax implications of this?

In 2018, TurboTax did not include a 8606 at all and in 2017 it included a form 8606 that was left completely blank. Why is it doing this??

Along those lines, how do I go about correcting it??
    Last edited by wcinewbie; 12-26-2020, 05:35 PM.

Read: https://forum.whitecoatinvestor.com/...-ira-home-base

Comment

Properly entering my backdoor roth IRA form 8606 on turbotax did not change my refund. Do I still need to send in addended taxes?

Comment

It shouldn't change your refund/taxes owed. That's the point. After tax contributions converted to Roth.

Comment

Originally posted by wcinewbie View Post
          Properly entering my backdoor roth IRA form 8606 on turbotax did not change my refund. Do I still need to send in addended taxes?
          havent used TT in years, but went back and looked at my old returns.
          6-12 didnt get filled, but arnt important anyways.
          16-18 are important, and are correctly filled out.

so this leads me to believe this is user error, you are missing something somewhere, didnt answer the questions correctly, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X