Best corporate structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best corporate structure

I have been scouring this website all day today and I am really looking for some recommendations for someone who could advise us. Essentially we are looking for the type of corporate structure we should have for a tax advantaged strategy for a side gig that my spouse is doing as a 1099 contractor in addition to a W2 job. I also am a W2 employee. Our goal is for us to set a corporate structure for a 1 person shop that allows for us to make employer contributions to tax deferred accounts and minimize federal and state taxes. And being new to this area, it has been a challenge to look through s-corp versus c-corp versus sole proprietorship. Any advice or recommendation of a CPA or another message on here that addresses this would be very very helpful. Thank you in advance!

sole proprietor. That means you don’t need anything fancy. 1099 income and related expenses goes on schedule C. Start a solo 401k

anything more fancy will cost you more fees and also cost you more taxes

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

To expand a bit onjacoavlu’s answer, an S-Corp (or LLC, for that matter) does not allow a physician practicing medicine any more asset protection or deductions than does a sole proprietor. You can find the list of tax strategists who buy space to be promoted on WCI here. I would hope they all are aware of and practice adherence to the tactics and principles promoted on WCI - at least, you will have a higher chance of getting appropriate advice than you will in the broad market.
        Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
        X