Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilderness Medicine write off

Hello all,

I am in my senior year of residency and doing a wilderness medicine elective in Nepal.  The course is ballpark 6k and flight 1k.  From my reading, anything above 2% of income can be written off, which is my motivation to pay for it now before the next fiscal year starts.  Is my reasoning correct?  Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thank you

This isn't CME because you haven't finished your ME yet, so that's a no-go. Unreimbursed work expenses....okay, I'll buy that:

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p529/ar02.html#en_US_2015_publink100026912

A little gray though.
    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Hello all,

I am in my senior year of residency and doing a wilderness medicine elective in Nepal.  The course is ballpark 6k and flight 1k.  From my reading, anything above 2% of income can be written off, which is my motivation to pay for it now before the next fiscal year starts.  Is my reasoning correct?  Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thank you

I would consider this "work-related education" subject to the 2% haircut.
      Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
      X