Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scbunker
    replied
    This is tax evasion, not avoidance. There is nothing wrong with tax avoidance. Tax evasion, however, can land you in jail.

Leave a comment:

• spiritrider
    replied
    Change the title. This is not tax avoidance, but rather tax evasion. There is a major difference.

Tax avoidance/deferral is legal and in my opinion a patriotic duty. Tax evasion is illegal and you should get everything you deserve.

Leave a comment:

• DMFA
    replied
    I thought this was going to be about how using non-tax-managed funds in a taxable brokerage account, not about outright fraud and tax evasion.

Leave a comment:

• PhysicianOnFIRE
    replied
    When you're somehow pulling in $2 million in income, and you're sixty-some years old, why do you risk prison to avoid only getting to keep about $1.2 million that year?

Leave a comment:

• Moomoo
    replied
    He ran the sole anesthesia group in Flagstaff for years like his own private fiefdom.  Pretty sure other's are not lamenting his downfall.

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied
    Thats crazy. However, why send him to prison? I read the judges comments which were just ridiculous, and there are certainly more important dangerous to other people offenders that dont serve as long or could use a place. He really only hurt the government. While absolutely wrong, he doesnt pose a threat to others and the IRS knows him and his game now. Seems exceedingly punitive and of course doesnt change anything. Our system is whack.

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    replied
    How can someone work as a anesthetist and not show income from it. The guy was stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Josh0731
    started a topic the sin of excessive tax avoidance

the sin of excessive tax avoidance

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_c3bdd9bb-ad8c-546a-9cdd-de2d277b149f.html

A friend of mine knew this guy and sent me this. How can doctors be so dumb?!
Working...
X