PSLF: Two simultaneous jobs, 501(c)3 and for profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSLF: Two simultaneous jobs, 501(c)3 and for profit

I've been on IBR and have been making qualifying PSLF payments throughout internship and residency.

What if during my one-year fellowship at a non-profit, 501(c)3 hospital, I were to also moonlight on the side at a private practice group?  I would still be working full-time at the non-profit teaching hospital, yet my occasional weekend shifts at the for profit PP actually resulted in much more money than the full time gig.  For example, let's say I make 60K annually during my fellowship, but in my one weekend per month at the PP, I make about 80K annually (140K total for the year).

Would these payments still qualify me for PSLF?  Obviously, I would report both salaries in my income taxes and my payment would be based on the combined salary.

[Post deleted at author's request.]

Comment

Your second job doesn't matter for qualification.

Comment

as long as you're fulltime at the 501c3 job you will be making qualifying PSLF payments while employed there.

the second job doesnt matter except as you said that your PSLF-eligible repayment plan monthly payment amount will be calculated based on your total income.

Comment

Working...
        X