First Republic Bank - don't live close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Republic Bank - don't live close

Anyone had luck with First Republic Bank who didn't live in their immediate vicinity? We would save tens of thousands in interest in the next few years if I could get them to make an exception in some way. If you have the name of a representative who helped you can you PM me?

Thanks

Not worked for me and am only minutes outside their zones. Havent tried in a while, if you get it to work do let me know.

Comment

It's an insane policy. I would gladly move all my business to them and do future business with them. The fact I'm slightly out of their radius does not change any of that. I don't even remember the last time I visited my physical bank in town.

Comment

I know a few people who have unsuccessfully barked up this tree.  IDK why they do it and why they choose not to budge...maybe to keep costs down on gas when they send their enforcers to the homes and businesses of those who miss a payment, maybe?

Comment

What is this in regards to? Every post has no context.

Comment

Sorry, it is in the Student Loan Management forum. It is in regards to refinancing a student loan with a bank called First Republic. They have an arduous rule that you have to live within a certain geographic radius of their physical bank location to refinance.

Comment

Awesome if you qualify tho! 2.25% here. Although paying it off early - they reimburse you up to 2% of the interest paid! Amazing customer service - have access to a real live person via email or phone.

Comment

This will be my excuse to relocate to Santa Barbara.

Comment

It appears we were successful getting them to refinance our loans. 1.95% 5yr term with all of the interest paid refunded if we pay it off in 48mo or less, which is the plan.

Quite a deal and well worth it for the minor inconvenience of switching banks.

Once it is funded fully, I’d be happy to tell you guys who we worked with at First Republic. Great experience so far.

Comment

It appears we were successful getting them to refinance our loans. 1.95% 5yr term with all of the interest paid refunded if we pay it off in 48mo or less, which is the plan.

Quite a deal and well worth it for the minor inconvenience of switching banks.

Once it is funded fully, I’d be happy to tell you guys who we worked with at First Republic. Great experience so far.

Any tips? How far from a branch are you?

Comment

Physiciancouple.com, were you successful in the end? Just curious. Seems like a better deal than anything else going.

Comment

Wanted to check how this went as I'm looking to try to refinance with them being slightly outside their radius. Thanks!

Comment

I tried but was not able to use them. They called back and said very quickly that they don't do things out of their region. Bummer. If anyone else has luck I would be glad to try again.

Comment

I was able to get them to make an exception. PM me for extra info.

Comment

I wonder if they offer buy in loans for people close to buy just outside of their region.

Comment

Working...
                              X