No announcement yet.

PSLF Success Story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a published success story from the PSLF loan forgiveness program.  But this guy got a masters degree in social work.  I am still waiting to see a success story for an MD who got rid of 500k in debt from her medical education.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/your-money/student-loan-forgiveness.html

Comment

I attended a session yesterday with representatives from Sallie Mae on the results of their study on How America Pays for Graduate School.  They reported that 60% of the students that they surveyed who were studying medicine expect to receive Public Service Loan Forgiveness.  This information appears on page 27 of their report.

Comment

Any updates from those of you at or near 120 payments? After the first few success stories earlier this year, I figured we'd start to see a lot more of them by now, but it's been quiet...

Comment

Any update on this?

"28,000 Public Servants Sought Student Loan Forgiveness. 96 Got It." -- this was a Sept 27, 2018 NYTimes Article

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/27/business/student-loan-forgiveness.html

This article rightfully scares the crap out of me, given that my partner and I will have a combined student loan debt just under $500,00 after graduating residency.

Comment

Here is a published success story from the PSLF loan forgiveness program.  But this guy got a masters degree in social work.  I am still waiting to see a success story for an MD who got rid of 500k in debt from her medical education.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/your-money/student-loan-forgiveness.html

If they were smart, they wouldn't come forward. They have no incentive to come forward. Can you imagine the public outcry about how a "rich" doctor got hundreds of thousands of dollars forgiven?

Comment

So guy couldn't pay off his loans but afford to live in Manhattan? I mean hes just playing the game but i would feel differently about someone living in a 700 dollar apartment who can't afford to pay their loans.

Comment

60% of people planning to get forgiveness is insane and just shows how bad the situation. Get the government out of the loan game or it will just continue to spiral.

It's strange, everyone sees the situation is messed up yet what is changing? It's just going to get worse.

Comment

It’s strange, everyone sees the situation is messed up yet what is changing? It’s just going to get worse.

Kick the can down the road is the name of the game in politics.

Comment

60% of people planning to get forgiveness is insane and just shows how bad the situation. Get the government out of the loan game or it will just continue to spiral.

It’s strange, everyone sees the situation is messed up yet what is changing? It’s just going to get worse.

Especially since 60% of the doctor jobs don't qualify for it.
                    Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Working...
                    X