Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odds of 0% forbearance extension? Should I refinance before March?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew StudentLoanAdvice View Post
    It is finally official. No payments until Sept 1.

Do you think payments will ever actually resume at this point?
    The longer they pause them the harder it’ll be to resume them. The longer they pause them the more they won’t be able to resume them.

Comment

God bless covid

Comment

Originally posted by Craigslist View Post
        God bless covid
        Who would have thought that high-earning professionals with monster student loans would have actually been the largest beneficiaries of COVID-era stimulus?

Comment

Originally posted by Craigslist View Post
          God bless covid
          Indeed
          November is just in time for cold season's covid surge...giving them an 'excuse' to extend it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Turf Doc View Post

Who would have thought that high-earning professionals with monster student loans would have actually been the largest beneficiaries of COVID-era stimulus?
            Have you worked 12+ hours in the COVID unit for weeks on end? Student loans payment pause extension is a minor consolation for all those grueling weeks of physical and emotional abuse of doctors (and nurses and aids etc etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Turf Doc View Post

The wealthy/high income people are almost always big beneficiaries of any stimulus.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

The wealthy/high income people are almost always big beneficiaries of any stimulus.
                proof that we still believe in the 'trickle down economics'

Comment

Originally posted by drmka26 View Post

Have you worked 12+ hours in the COVID unit for weeks on end? Student loans payment pause extension is a minor consolation for all those grueling weeks of physical and emotional abuse of doctors (and nurses and aids etc etc).
                  I’m not saying frontline healthcare workers aren’t deserving but there’s a lot more people I’d put at more deserving than physicians making $250k+.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

I’m not saying frontline healthcare workers aren’t deserving but there’s a lot more people I’d put at more deserving than physicians making $250k+.
                    a few examples?

Comment

a few examples?
                      Sure. Basically every person in the service industry or whose job instantly disappeared during the lockdowns are much more deserving of loan forbearance than physicians. I don’t think physicians are high on the list of people that people feel sorry for and rightfully so. Do you honestly feel more deserving for loan forbearance than a single parent making $20/hr living paycheck to paycheck because you did your job?

Comment

So a person who dropped out of high school, decided to have a kid my themselves and working as a waiter is more deserving of free money than a person who spent years of hard work and time obtaining an education in a respected industry then being abused by the healthcare system (again, physically and mentally) because people chose not to get vaccinated? Yes, I do.

Comment

So a person who dropped out of high school, decided to have a kid my themselves and working as a waiter is more deserving of free money than a person who spent years of hard work and time obtaining an education in a respected industry then being abused by the healthcare system (again, physically and mentally) because people chose not to get vaccinated? Yes, I do.
                          It’s not as easy as saying it’s strictly the person’s fault who took out the loans or saying all loans should be cancelled. It’s somewhere in between like most things because I’d wager that the vast majority of people who took out loans really had all the necessary information to make an informed decision. Do you think the person in your example has a bunch of student loans because I don’t.

I’m not sure where you’re getting I think they should have free money because I never said that but I do think they deserve loan forbearance over you.

Life isn’t fair. My question to is why are you allowing yourself to be taken advantage of? That’s a bigger issue than you getting or not getting loan forbearance.

Comment

I think most people on here who are 'against' loan forgiveness are the ones that have worked like dogs, paid off their loans and are not benefiting from this scheme. Life isn't fair, like you said.

Comment

I think most people on here who are 'against' loan forgiveness are the ones that have worked like dogs, paid off their loans and are not benefiting from this scheme. Life isn't fair, like you said.
                              I’m against forgiveness (especially for physicians and other high earners) because there’s been no effort to curb this from continuing to happen. If they fixed the root cause then I’d certainly entertain some reasonable proposals.

Comment

I think this is a bad policy to forgive student loans for wealthy people, and I would not vote for it if I was a politician.

That being said, like anyone, I'm going to take the free money if it gets offered to me. You'd be foolish not to take the free money.

I just think it's wrong that working class people and small business owners can have their financial lives destroyed by government-mandated lockdowns - then many of the college-educated people working from home on their laptops kept their jobs - and then those same college-educated people can get Tens of thousands of dollars in student loan forgiveness.

Comment

Working...
                                X