Pay off Sallie Mae with credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay off Sallie Mae with credit card

Hi im about to pay off a 54k Sallie Mae loan and was wondering if there is anyway to score credit card points off this without too much or any fees?

I used to be able to pay SL with a credit card over the phone back in the day, you couldnt online so I think I may had found a loophole. Racked up tons of miles and sign up bonuses, but unfortunately the gravy train ended after about 2 years. I refinanced shortly after anyway

Comment

Obviously worth it if and only if the fee charged to pay by card is smaller than the value of the rewards. That doesn’t ever seem to happen, though…

Comment

Originally posted by 8arclay View Post
        I used to be able to pay SL with a credit card over the phone back in the day, you couldnt online so I think I may had found a loophole. Racked up tons of miles and sign up bonuses, but unfortunately the gravy train ended after about 2 years. I refinanced shortly after anyway
        Thanks dude, I just sent a payment in on this advice. Too bad they don't take amex, just visa/MC/discover. Good thing I increased my CC limit on my visa but only 13k, gonna have to do this several times. Also, they stop accepting cards after october 1st

Comment

Sometimes PayPal Key will be accepted as a debit card and the reduced fee therein (but can be linked to a credit card account) to get the rewards.

Comment

Working...
          X