Payment Pause Extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saul View Post
    my decision to refi $200k federal loans in January 2020 is looking worse and worse by the day.

(what drove the decision was spouse income increased making REPAYE effective rate creep over 4%. I was in residency.)
    Judge yourself by the process you took, not the results. Paying it off is probably the best outcome. No problems there.

Comment

What could possibly go wrong? I think they really should be spending a lot more and just keep printing.

Comment

Maybe just maybe if people had to start paying their loans again some more people would be willing to take a job (or two).

Our local businesses have been screaming about no one to hire for months now. A lot of our restaurants are limiting days they are open because they cannot staff s whole week. It is nuts. It is summertime in a lake vacation town and demand is high but they are forced to close.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigslist View Post
          dogecoin
          Dogecoin is a terrible place to park anything. If you leave it there, when you come back you’ll be like “dude, where’s my car?”

To find it, you’ll have to look on the mooooooon

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
            Maybe just maybe if people had to start paying their loans again some more people would be willing to take a job (or two).

Our local businesses have been screaming about no one to hire for months now. A lot of our restaurants are limiting days they are open because they cannot staff s whole week. It is nuts. It is summertime in a lake vacation town and demand is high but they are forced to close.
            I don't think loans have very little to do with employment. Unemployment has been on a slow decline.

Employees can pick and choose jobs based on income and hours. Our hospital has been trying to give less per hour compared to other employers because it is a stable job with benefits. Guess what, it hasn't filled and I doubt it will fill anytime soon.

Maybe you could help them in your free time. That will keep those businesses open.

Comment

Originally posted by udrag14 View Post

I don't think loans have very little to do with employment. Unemployment has been on a slow decline.

Employees can pick and choose jobs based on income and hours. Our hospital has been trying to give less per hour compared to other employers because it is a stable job with benefits. Guess what, it hasn't filled and I doubt it will fill anytime soon.

Maybe you could help them in your free time. That will keep those businesses open.
              I doubt it will either. For anyone that was living paycheck to paycheck, there has been some cash. Add up the stimulus checks, the unemployment checks, some of the food and healthcare handouts, no student loan payments, throw in that you are not paying rent , some cash for child credits ....... well let us just realize that disposable cash increased quite a bit. No doubt some people really need assistance. No doubt cash has been handed out without really checking an individual has a "need". The standard is "qualify". Everyone wants cash. It has become a reality show, "When the music stops". The plan is to move on.

Can you find an employer to match that benefits package? Your are right, I doubt you will anytime soon. Just agreeing with the conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

Or maybe not. In which case, you're reinstating repayment of high-interest loans for reasons none other than baseless claims that appeal to emotion over fact.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky4x4 View Post
                  Resident here. Whats a good way to park a sum of cash for 6 months till the loans return? I've been saving during residency and was planning on using all that cash to pay some of my loans down. However, now I have 6 more months till I need to use it. Its currently sitting in a savings account making .01% interest so would be nice to have it grow slightly more then that. Any ideas where to park it short term?
                  Short term should be kept in something liquid. Like a money market account, HY savings account, etc.
                  Helping student loan borrowers manage their student loans. StudentLoanAdvice.com. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by CBCwDiffpls View Post
                    Just to make sure - same terms as the prior extensions? (ie, each month still counts for PSLF?)
                    Yes it is. Stay in repayment and you'll continue to receive payment count.
                    Helping student loan borrowers manage their student loans. StudentLoanAdvice.com. [email protected]

Comment

Yeehaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X