Refinance Bonuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinance Bonuses

I recently refinanced my student loans - I applied with DRB, SoFi and Earnest. Sofi gave me a better rate than DRB so I refinanced my loans with Sofi and got the $300 intro offer through WCI. Earnest took about 40 days to get back to me (just received the email today) and they are actually offering 0.3% less on my loan that I already refinanced (originally from federal). I refinanced through SoFi may 1st and the $300 should be posted by the end of the day today (currently processing despite being after end of pacific business time - they said it should post today when I called them earlier, or the 1st of next month). When I called Earnest they said they would still offer me the $300 welcome bonus if refinancing from Sofi. My question is if I wait for the $300 to post from Sofi then immediately refinance through Earnest will I get both introductory offers? My offer from Earnest is good through June 15th without another hard credit check so it is not a big deal waiting although I would rather refinance earlier to pay less in interest. My amounts are fairly low - I refinanced starting at 22k a month ago and am down to 7k, hoping to pay it off completely in the next 4-6 months (I could pay it off today completely if I got rid of my emergency fund - my recent [2 weeks] wife still has 6 months of emergency in her savings/ no loans even if I pay off my loans completely). We are both late 20s early in Derm and Rad Onc residencies if that makes a difference.

Edit: I posted a very similar question to reddit but they were very unhelpful when I posted the expected salaries once graduating - but I don't want to leave the potential $600 on the table especially since that is years away, hoping to get better advice here.

Edit 2: Sofi now says $300 is now paid, not yet reflected in my loan amount

I recently refinanced my student loans – I applied with DRB, SoFi and Earnest. Sofi gave me a better rate than DRB so I refinanced my loans with Sofi and got the $300 intro offer through WCI. Earnest took about 40 days to get back to me (just received the email today) and they are actually offering 0.3% less on my loan that I already refinanced (originally from federal). I refinanced through SoFi may 1st and the $300 should be posted by the end of the day today (currently processing despite being after end of pacific business time – they said it should post today when I called them earlier, or the 1st of next month). When I called Earnest they said they would still offer me the $300 welcome bonus if refinancing from Sofi. My question is if I wait for the $300 to post from Sofi then immediately refinance through Earnest will I get both introductory offers? My offer from Earnest is good through June 15th without another hard credit check so it is not a big deal waiting although I would rather refinance earlier to pay less in interest. My amounts are fairly low – I refinanced starting at 22k a month ago and am down to 7k, hoping to pay it off completely in the next 4-6 months (I could pay it off today completely if I got rid of my emergency fund – my recent [2 weeks] wife still has 6 months of emergency in her savings/ no loans). We are both late 20s early in Derm and Rad Onc residencies if that makes a difference.

Edit: I posted a very similar question to reddit but they were very unhelpful when I posted the expected salaries once graduating – but I don’t want to leave the potential $600 on the table especially since that is years away, hoping to get better advice here

I refinanced 4 times last year and got 1200. I dont know that I did any back to back but I never waited. The condition is the refinance, not that you keep it.

Comment

Just refinance for the lower rate and if you forfeit the original $300, so be it.

Comment

I just refinanced with lendkey for a lower variable rate, I also plan to re-refinance at some point again in the future to get an extra signup bonus.  Every little bit helps, and free money is free money.  I see people doing this with credit card and introductory offers all the time.  Only problem with student loans is that it can take weeks for payments to process and post.

Comment

Working...
        X