Earliest PSLF eligibility date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ppyu222 View Post
    My student loan has just been forgiven! PSLF is real and alive. I signed up in 2009. My total amount was 134,764.84 at the time at 5% fixed rate under Fedloan servicing. About $60,000 was forgiven. They calculated my number of payments wrong so I overpaid for 5 months. I’m now waiting for the refund. Hang in there guys, PSLF is real alive and kicking.
    Congrats - as of the end of May, you are one of 3,697 accepted PSLF-ers who have had $163 million in loans forgiven (with an additional 1,931 TEPSLF-ers and $56 million forgiven there). I am sure you are not alone and very much appreciate you sharing your great news. Congrats and would love to hear general tips/stories if/when appropriate from your experience.

Comment

Thanks! I’m actually very happy and want so much to share my experience with everyone who want to hear. I just reached out to Jim. It will be great if he will create an episode/blog post so those of us who have just gotten their loan forgiven can share our experience.

Comment

My wife's loans are up in 2-3 years. We'll see. Graduated in 2011, made a couple mistakes along the way before I knew better. We should get 6 figures forgiven.

Comment

Congratulations Ppyu222!!

Comment

Originally posted by East coast View Post

Congrats - as of the end of May, you are one of 3,697 accepted PSLF-ers who have had $163 million in loans forgiven (with an additional 1,931 TEPSLF-ers and $56 million forgiven there). I am sure you are not alone and very much appreciate you sharing your great news. Congrats and would love to hear general tips/stories if/when appropriate from your experience.
            Great! What is your reference for these statistics?

Comment

They publish it monthly. Still dismal % accepted numbers unfortunately.

https://studentaid.gov/data-center/s...ness/pslf-data

Comment

My wife's are up for forgiveness in May 2022 (will be about $140K). Has anyone heard that the loan servicing companies are losing their contracts at the end of 2020 (ie. Fed Loan Servicing)? If this happens, is anyone nervous that in a hand over to a new company the PSLF info will get messed up?

Comment

Congratulations that your wife's loans are on track for PSLF! Yes, the Dept of Ed issued a press release recently stating as much. A transition to a new loan servicer can be nerve-racking. It makes sense then to download and save your payment history, repayment plan approvals, and most recent PSLF qualified payment verification chart.

Comment

Working...
                  X