Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnest Student Refinance

Hi everyone,

I got approved to refinance with Earnest with the best rate. It is better than SoFi, Laurel, ELFI, etc. However, I saw on reddit that Navient took over Earnest. Multiple people complaint how Navient made Earnest worst. Anyone with recent Earnest refinance? What is your experience with Earnest for the past few months? Thank you for your input.

I used them for a few months before refinancing again. I had no issues with them. Very similar experience with SoFi before and now with LendKey.

Comment

Thank you. For some reason, they give me the best rate comparing to LendKey, SoFi, etc. I am a little scared of Navient from previous experience.

Comment

I can't imagine sofi or elfi is much better in customer service.  I would go with the best rate.

IMO it's worth reaching out to Laurel and asking them to beat the rate Earnest gave you.

Comment

Thank you for the great suggestion. I will do that

Comment

I refinanced with Earnest last fall, didnt know about navient, which my other loan was sold to. I've not had any changes I've noticed nor any issues with navient but have needed no interactions so limited data.

Comment

I have Earnest, who cares if their customer service is not as excellent as it used to be? Get the best rate, set auto-pay, forget it. I haven't had any issue before or after the Navient takeover.

Comment

Some reddit users state that the new Navient/Earnest website interface has issue with additional or early payback. That’s why I want to check to make sure that it isn’t a common issue.

Comment

Earnestly following this thread.

Comment

Some reddit users state that the new Navient/Earnest website interface has issue with additional or early payback. That’s why I want to check to make sure that it isn’t a common issue.

Any specific issues? I made quite a few additional payments without problems.

Comment

Anytime you get your best rate, shop that bad boy with someone else. always.

Comment

I refinanced a few months ago and had a lot of website issues initially. I had to wait over a month after I refinanced before the Earnest dashboard and loan details could be accessed. After that it has seemed ok so far

Comment

Interesting.

I just went through a few applications to refi our loans.

1. Laurel Road won't show you the rates until you complete the full application, and go find a paystub, copy of diploma, etc. When I said I wanted to cancel my application, the website asked why, and I selected the "I wanted to see the interest rates" box. Stupid.

2. Earnest wants your bank login, so they can pull your balance, and history of activity. Creepy. I couldn't add my spouses income though. Rates are lower than Sofi for a 7,10,etc term, but worse than sofi for a 5y fixed.

3. Sofi's rates are good for 29 more days. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                          X