2 funds for life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 funds for life

I've recently read a blog by Paul Merriman on his 2 funds for life strategy.  In a nutshell: divide assets between just 2 funds: TRF and small cap value fund.  The amount of TRF is your age x 1.5 and the rest is small cap value.  The research seems impressive and it can't get much simpler.   I'm interested to hear what others think of this strategy?

You have to be really committed to the belief that small value is going to outperform, as you may need to hold that small value allocation over long periods of relative underperformance. See recent history. I don’t know if I have the fortitude for that. So I don’t tilt.

Comment

Just go with the TRF. Then you only need one fund for life! Note that at Vanguard at least it includes the total stock market, so you get all the small stocks you need. Well, of course you can be a bit more efficient in buying the underlying funds instead. I don’t, but that is because I prefer simplicity in my auto investments.

Comment

I’ve recently read a blog by Paul Merriman on his 2 funds for life strategy.  In a nutshell: divide assets between just 2 funds: TRF and small cap value fund.  The amount of TRF is your age x 1.5 and the rest is small cap value.  The research seems impressive and it can’t get much simpler.   I’m interested to hear what others think of this strategy?

well see after the next few decades.

Comment

Working...
        X