No announcement yet.

Adding Betterment or Wealthfront in addition to Vanguard account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, nope, live in a condo actually. Bought at the right time and it appreciated ~40% in 2 years. But its in the best school district in town. No garages to fill, but I have 2 parking spots. You should research Bugattis- it’s live car art.

I dont get why people act like BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes cars dont have reasonably priced vehicles if youre not going crazy, or buy a few years out from new.

I wouldnt want to own a Bugatti, I couldnt imagine trying to contain that kind of power effectively. Even the Viper was a beast (and uncomfortable), I cant believe people drive some of these cars daily.

Comment

OP here. So I broke down and put some $$$ into Betterment last night. Wish me luck!

So now that it's been almost 2 years, how do you feel about going with Betterment?

I have a friend who's very happy with Wealthfront and been trying to get me to join for a while. I'm still doing things the old fashioned way, simple Vanguard accounts, invest and forget, move on with life.

But just curious how you feel after the advice you got here and 2 years into the process?

Comment

I am still with Betterment. I have about $178.xxx in it now. Last year, I paid $278.04 in fees. Portfolio is up $14% since inception. How does that sound?

Comment

I am still with Betterment. I have about $178.xxx in it now. Last year, I paid $278.04 in fees. Portfolio is up $14% since inception. How does that sound?

What's your asset allocation? Just the rough equity/debt split.

Comment

And how much tax loss harvesting?

Comment

80 stocks/20 bonds. TLH ~$1200 this year.

Comment

So, VTTHX is Vanguard Target Retirement 2035. Right now it's at about an 80/20 AA. If you had put $10,000 in VTTHX on May 1, 2016, it would be worth $12,780 today. So in a manner of speaking you could say it'd be up 27% since inception. Just sayin'.

Comment

Betterment is a small part of my portfolio and was more of an experiment. I have a much larger portfolio with Vanguard.

On related note. If I decide to liquidate Betterment and transfer funds to Vanguard, do I pay capital gains? Or is there a way to transfer to Vanguard directly?

Comment

Working...
                  X