Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notorious BNG
    replied
    I had TIAA at a previous academic job and our financial advisor commented on how there were actually a lot of good choices available in that plan. Our current job is also has TIAA too, but has fewer funds to choose from. So how good a choice TIAA is may depend on what funds you can pick from with variability between institutions.

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied
    Not even a contest, fidelity. They have all the options and basically free etfs. You dont want any of the insurance ones, those are high priced and terrible.

Leave a comment:

• coastal
    replied
    I have fidelity and TIAA as options at my academic job. I felt TIAA had better options for me - Vanguard funds that get me the major asset classes I want. Expense ratios are extremely low. Couple asset classes I can’t find good options for, so I get them in taxable

Leave a comment:

• DMFA
    replied

Fido all the way imo.
    Click to expand…

Enlighten me!

Good UI, great fund choices (most Vanguard equiv at same ER), *not* an insurance company trying to drain your coffers with fees, numerous brick-and-mortar locations in the unlikely event you need one.

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied

Fido all the way imo.

Enlighten me!

Leave a comment:

• DMFA
    replied
    Fido all the way imo.

Leave a comment:

• Bmac
    replied

Fidelity.

+1

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied
    We have accounts at both Fidelity and TIAA. Ours choices are better (lower ER's) at Fidelity. Also, Fidelity has a great overall platform. Easy to add other accounts (roll over, taxable, etc), easy to do research too. Also, I can't stand TIAA's platform or UI - it's horrible.

Leave a comment:

• startupdoc
    replied
    Fidelity.

Leave a comment:

• Matas
    replied
    Our hospital retirement plan changed from Valic to Fidelity several years ago - now less expensive and more investment choices. I also have my rollover IRA and taxable accounts at Fidelity - all are listed on the same account statement online. Not a big deal, but convenient. Also, Fidelity has a physical office close to work which is convenient for getting paperwork done in person, and having questions answered live and in-person. I've never had to wait when walking in without an appointment.

Leave a comment:

• billy
    replied
    wife has voya at work, but its her only option for 401k.  Every plan is different but her cheapest index funds (total stock market) are 0.8% expense ratio.  almost all other funds are over 1%. Not sure if thats true of all voya plans or just hers.

Leave a comment:

• Antares
    replied
    I use Fidelity and am very happy with them. I also have accounts at TIAA-CREF, and they’ve been good too. I think the Fidelity options and resources and tools are better. I’ve generally found customer service to be excellent with both.

Leave a comment:

• Peds
    replied
    fidelity or tiaa cref.

but that is based off of what i know they offer.

i doubt voya or valic have plans that are near as cheap.

Leave a comment:

• owenp21
    replied
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, TIAA-CREF has equity index funds with expense ratios as low as .23%-.4%. Unfortunately Fidelity's investment page is down at the moment. Voya and Valic look like they have higher fees.

Leave a comment:

• bean1970
    replied
    Call the representative you were given for each one. Note their responsiveness. Go to the website of each one. Can you navigate easily? Call their customer service number. How fast can you get help? These are all other considerations in addition to their fees and investment options when picking where you want to park your money.  I have pots of money at 3 of those 4.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X