Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djohnflatfeecfp
    replied

Fidelity.  Never heard of Voya or Valic.  Fidelity has a good reputation.  Several other frequent commenters who use fidelity hopefully will chime in.

Voya and Valic are insurance companies.  My wife has Voya at her university position and the investment choices are almost all well over 1%.

Leave a comment:

• Hatton
    replied
    Fidelity.  Never heard of Voya or Valic.  Fidelity has a good reputation.  Several other frequent commenters who use fidelity hopefully will chime in.

Leave a comment:

• nachos31
    replied
    That is a nice match/contribution! What are the investment options offered with each company? I'd probably go with Fidelity, but I'd look at what funds are offered with each company. You want to look for funds with the word "index" in them and that have very low expense ratios (ERs; the cost to you of owning the fund) on the order of < 0.3%. Feel free to post the fund offerings here and we'll be able to give you better advice.

Leave a comment:

• Retirement help - Fidelity versus TIAA-CREF vs Voya vs Valic

Hoping for some guidance...

I'm a new (part-time) attending and am being offered a retirement to participate in a retirement program where I put in 3% of my salary and the state university system contributes an additional 8%. It's a no-brainer to participate. I'm being offered the option of 4 management companies and wanted any input in choosing one over the other.

They are: Fidelity, TIAA-CREF, Voya, and Valic.

I currently have an a 2050 target fund in TIAA-CREF from residency and another retirement account with Vanguard.

Any reason to choose one company versus another?

Thanks
Working...
X