Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time Backdoor Roth

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the backdoor Roth to make sure I didn't mess anything up with the conversion. The 1099 I received from Vanguard shows the 6000 I deposited but it also has a check next to the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE category with a 0.0 under the 1st year designated Roth Contribution. Is this correct or did I do something wrong with the conversion? Im assuming since the contributions weren't directly to a Roth, the 1099 should show this and that's the point of completing form 8606 but again just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the help to a first-timer.

Yes but did you read the tutorials? They say exactly how your 1099r should look

Comment

It wasn't directly in the tutorial but I found it under the section on how to fix a backdoor Roth.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Schwgrrudy View Post
        Hey everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the backdoor Roth to make sure I didn't mess anything up with the conversion. The 1099 I received from Vanguard shows the 6000 I deposited but it also has a check next to the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE category with a 0.0 under the 1st year designated Roth Contribution. Is this correct or did I do something wrong with the conversion? Im assuming since the contributions weren't directly to a Roth, the 1099 should show this and that's the point of completing form 8606 but again just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the help to a first-timer.
        Yes it's correct.
        I've actually never paid attention to that box....

Comment

Working...
        X