No announcement yet.

No expense ratio actively managed fund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No expense ratio actively managed fund?

Hello all,

I was rebalancing my 401k recently and noticed 0.00% expense ratio on Fixed Income actively managed fund (bond investments).
    My understanding is that 0% expense ratio means zero fee. I also see some other funds with 0% expense ratio.
    It makes me curious, if we take out the fee (like the one I mentioned) out of the equation, whether actively managed fund performs better than index/passively managed fund.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by usp1stm View Post
    Hello all,

I was rebalancing my 401k recently and noticed 0.00% expense ratio on Fixed Income actively managed fund (bond investments).
    My understanding is that 0% expense ratio means zero fee. I also see some other funds with 0% expense ratio.
    It makes me curious, if we take out the fee (like the one I mentioned) out of the equation, whether actively managed fund performs better than index/passively managed fund.
    Thank you.
    sometimes, maybe

Comment

I think if you do a little looking , 95% of managed funds dont beat an index fund over an extended period.

Comment

Originally posted by Random1 View Post
        I think if you do a little looking , 95% of managed funds dont beat an index fund over an extended period.
        While it varies year to year it is more like 80% of managed funds underperform their index. Given the unique characteristics and opacity of the bond markets, managed bond funds are less likely to underperform their index than equity managed funds.

Comment

Pic or it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
          X